Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bumbum21

is queen helen mint mask any good?

I wanna try a facial masque but cannot decide which one to use. I have tried proactiv's but I juss hate the smell and it doesn't do anything for me at all. Thanks!

i dunno the queen helen mint mask. the body shop has a couple of face masks. i tried the tea tree oil face mask, it's really good for oily skin. check it out.

It's okay. Nothing special. I like proactiv's better. It's their only product I still use from time to time.

Its suppose to be awesome.....on makeup alley it gets great reviews and rec's. I don't think I can get it here in Canada though  )o:

i LOVE this mask!... but i would only recommend it for oily skin... otherwise, it may dry you out. for $3 a tube, you should definitely give it a shot. works wonders for me.

i LOVE this mask!... but i would only recommend it for oily skin... otherwise, it may dry you out.  for $3 a tube, you should definitely give it a shot.  works wonders for me.

yeah i do have oily skin!! well on the t-zone anyways! das really good to hear plus it is also not that expensive.  did it help you lots?

$6.99 sounds like a rip. Its only $3 (US). Oh well......

I have never heard of that store....I tried looking it up in the yellowpages, but had no luck.  )o:

Thanx for the info though.

Which Burts Bees mask were you thinking of. I tried a couple....and I dunoo to be honest I think they suck for the price. If its the mask with the green fench clay...well its not bad...and feels good on the skin...but it really doesn't do anything.

The alba mask...is it the papaya enzyme one?? That one is suppose to be good.

Have you ever tried any Body Shop masks??

No i have never tried any body shop masks. Actually this is the first time I bought one (except for the free mask in proactiv) so..........

Hey,

I was able to find Alive Health Centre on 411.ca!! There are 2 locations in Toronto, but they are not that close to me. So maybe one day when I'm bored, I'll take a drive out there. I hear the Mint mask can be drying....and its even better for just spot treating. Its still a good price compared to what you'll spend on other brands.

It sounds like you don't need to buy another mask, but whenever you want to try something new, the Papaya would be a good choice. I hear papaya helps with evening out the skin's tone, something that wouldn't be so bad for myself.

I know what you mean about spending cash. I'm really trying hard to break the habit. I spend more money on skincare then anything else!! That includes clothes..AND SHOES!! I'm so broke now.

I'm glad you love the tomato soap and toner. I've used it before...but I had never noticed a significant improvement in my skin. People on this site who are using it seem to really like the products, and I hope that it works well for you.

Yup...its nearing that time of the month....and yesterday my skin was just brutal!! It calmed down today....but wholly crap. It makes me really sad. My skin was doing sooo well. I started my new regimen near the end of my last period. So for the whole month of February my skin was really changing and getting better....and I was so impressed, and then this happened. I'm sure it has to do a lot with hormones. I have been pretty good with my diet, and I have been drinking soooo much water....yet my skin still freaked. I'm thinking of trying Vitex (chaste tree), which supposedly would help my problem. The thing is I don't think I'm suppose to take it while i'm on BC pills. It says I should talk to my doc.

I'm also becoming more skeptical about GA...even though it helps with redness...and makes the skin soft...but....I dunoo. I'm starting to get a new set of probs.

Anyway...sorry I typed too much!!

Good Luck with your skincare!!

Michelle

Hey Michelle,

I'm glad you found the store! Call them up first though juss to make sure they have it since you live farther! eusa_angel.gif .

I actually did buy the Queen Helene mask and it is drying! I guess it did purge my existing zits and also zapped those that are almost drying out. I am not really sure about it's effectiveness but it did help keep my oily skin at bay. I can definitely tell though that I can get hooked on this!! hehehe

Hey so you're from Toronto?! I used to live there, I am in Vancouver now. I see that you got the Jays logo...I used to be in love with them when I lived there. I still have my Carlos Delgado signature hehehe. But I heard Toronto is like massive now!

I think I have hormonal acne too. I have been really good with my diet too, eating lotsa veggies and apples and drinking nothing but water but then boom, my face is exploding cuz of the time of the month. So I juss started eating junk food cuz i got so depressed..urggh hope i don't hafta pay for that later on!

I really like the Burt's bees products. Yeah I don't see that much difference when it comes to my acne, but my skin has a healthier glow. I stopped using the Neo Strata for now cuz the Tomato toner has natural AHA in it so I juss wanted to try it. It has really made my skin soo much softer. My worst thing about acne is having to put on making and making me look soooo old cuz of the quality of my skin, so now it really helped with that too. So far, my makeup has glided on and looks natural even with all my acne. Not zits, acne!

I will let you know though bout the progress on the QH masque!!