Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kyle12345

Dry scaling neck!

Hi, ive been on the regime for 4 and a half weeks, i can notice the improvement coming.

my problem is my neck is always very dry and scaly flakey after washing. My face only becomes dry around my nose and mouth really.

i dont understand why my neck is like this and it stings when applying moisturiser Eucerin 5% eurea, my face has basically adapted to the bp nowand i am not red only my neck is irritated.

its unusual as i do not even wash my neck with soap only my face, i also do not apply bp on my neck only my face and jaw line.

can someone please help i can stand abit of dry on my face but the neck i wont to get rid of.

thanks please reply

kyle

Had this too... Flaked all over my clothes. Just apply lots of moisturizer on your neck and you should be fine.

The key is -> If your skin is too dry, you need more moisturizer.

i've had this happen to me often, but i still don't know why. doubt.gif Use vaseline (petroleum jelly). Just apply a small amount during the day so your neck won't be all shiney. And at night time, apply a generous amount. Apply it right after washing your face, certainly before applying any BP. You don't want any traces of BP to get on your neck and further the irritation. I also like to apply lotion after applying the vaseline. Cetaphil fragrance free moisturizing lotion without spf is nice and gentle.

hope that helps! smile.gif

yeh thanks for the help, sometimes i get tingles and sometimes it burns my neck off. its so dry and flakey tho wen washed and driee. will this dryness go away after a while??

thanks

kyle