Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeusVita

PERMANENT Scar Revision!

sounds like dermal grafting to me too. the video posted a while back is really gross! but this procedure seems very promising. i wonder why it is not as popular among the board members as say dermabrasion??? anyone ever tried this procedure before??

Dermabrasion is about the same procedure as Microdermabrasion...right? (You'll answer no if you've had both). And dermal grafting is about the same procedure as LiveFill. No to that also. It's all about how the tissue is harvested. With dermal grafting, the tissue is 80% dead before it's placed in the area to be treated. Hopefully the 20% will remain for several weeks or months, but it's very unpredictable and susceptible to absorption. Also with dermal grafts, the fat is processed with IV fluids...for "purity." They also use more fat than needed with dermal grafting because they know it will undergo rapid absorption.

sounds like your right meet peet it seems that they take a graft then put it under the skin like a filler.

"LiveFill â„¢ is placed underneath the areas that need filling, such as lips, smile lines, under eye areas, and in hollow areas in the face that come with age. LiveFill â„¢ is usually taken from an incision in the lower abdomen."

He is a link which shows some patients that had LiveFill fill some Nasiolabial folds and sunken in areas

http://www.drbrent.com/livefill.php

the procedure kinda sounds expensive but if it really is permanent and natural looking then it might be worth it, the procedure kinda reminds of isolagen but with dermal tissue. eusa_think.gif

Hello,

I was just curious to know if any of you have heard about LiveFill? I first heard about the procedure more than a year ago on a Discovery Health Channel documentary. Then, I saw it again on Extreme Makeover. I've since read quite a bit about it....but I don't have anyone to discuss it with???

Permanent and all natural.....

LiveFill â„¢

There has been a long-standing need for filler materials in the field of cosmetic surgery. These filler materials are used to fill in spaces, for example lips, smile lines, or the areas below the eyes. The most popular filler in use today is collagen. There are many other fillers, such as Gortex, SAM, Restylane, Alloderm, Perlane, Fat injection, and a number of fillers based either on plastic beads or silicone. All have problems. Collagen, although safe in the vast majority of patients, is temporary usually lasting 3 months. Even Restylane, when it becomes available, will last approximately 5 months, and then will be gone and need re-injection. Synthetic materials (Gortex, SAM) can leave three-dimensional irregularities in the skin, and can be felt through the skin. Alloderm is cadaver material; and silicone tends to run over time. Any permanent material such as Artecoll, that does not have its own blood supply can become infected, sometimes chronically. Many materials grow lumpy, especially if they are bone fragment based, have synthetic material in them, or are not living. Once fat is harvested and injected, it is already 80% dead. So the doctor must exaggerate the amount he uses.

Dr. Moelleken has developed and trademarked LiveFillâ„¢. This is a new technique that expands on decades of research in the Plastic Surgery field. It involves grafts from the patient's own tissues that are 100% alive. The material is obtained, and Dr. Moelleken then fashions it into small, delicate grafts, resembling strings of pearls, that have structural integrity. They are different from any rendition of grafted material developed thus far. The face does not age in lines; it ages in areas. Therefore, he feels it is better to fill in complete areas rather than placing something underneath a single line. LiveFill â„¢ is placed underneath the areas that need filling, such as lips, smile lines, under eye areas, and in hollow areas in the face that come with age. LiveFill â„¢ is usually taken from an incision in the lower abdomen.

Dr. Moelleken has been developing LiveFill â„¢ for many years, and in the last year it has become a regular part of his practice. Once LiveFill â„¢ has been placed, it again becomes an integral part of the body's tissue and the results are permanent. The genetic markers are identical to the patient's, since the tissue comes from the patient's own body. There is never rejection of one's own tissues. It is possible that minor irregularities can result from the LiveFill â„¢ technique. If this happens, they are easily corrected under local anesthesia.

Healing time is very rapid, since no over correction is necessary, as with fat injection. Patients typically only require a long weekend to recover. They may begin exercise in two weeks and full exercise and workouts by six weeks.

Dr. Moelleken is very excited about this and proud to have originated this very promising procedure.

The cost of LiveFill â„¢ grafts varies, from $3000 on up, depending on the areas to be treated and the type of anesthesia to be used. Dr. Moelleken now frequently incorporates LiveFillâ„¢ while performing facelifts, blepharoplasties, or his signature superficial cheeklift operation.

-----------------------------------------------

I spoke to the nurse there, Sandra Neal RN, and she said that it is indeed permanent, but I couldn't get her to give me a price for what both cheeks fully injected would cost...that is only given after a consult, of course  confused.gif . Has anyone had this done?

OPINIONS????? THANKS!

LiveFill will be presented to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) meeting in Chicago in September 24, 2005, and thereafter to a number of other organizations. After that I can give technical details about the procedure. There are some general articles on our website and "out there (some quoted on this forum)" that give general descriptions about LiveFill .

LiveFill will probably be of limited use in superficial acne scarring. LiveFill will have its best effect on three dimensional filling of broad areas of the face, i.e. lip augmentation, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, cheek hollowness, etc.

Best regards,

Brent Moelleken, MD, FACS

[email protected]

drbrent.com