Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PJ-2005

Those forehead bumps

I've searched the board and can't find anything recent/definitive about this.

I'm referring to those tiny bumps on your forehead that are skin-tone. . . I have about 1500 of them. Will Accutane clear them up? I want to say that I started getting them back in December 04 after taking Doxycycline and Tazorac. That's the only logical place I can start.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Maybe it's sebaceous hyperplasia? I think accutane can clear them up but they might come back afterwards. I think tretinoin can be used to help them from reocurring.

Sounds like whiteheads to me

(BTW theres a difference between whiteheads and pustules. Whiteheads are hard to notice, pustules are those big ones that you can pop)

I'm referring to those tiny bumps on your forehead that are skin-tone. . . I have about 1500 of them.  Will Accutane clear them up? I want to say that I started getting them back in December 04 after taking Doxycycline and Tazorac. That's the only logical place I can start.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I got them after i did a 12.5% TCA peel. My forehead had around 100 small bumps - like those ones you described. Whiteheads that won't come to a head. I initially thought they were millia, but millia is different.

Well they sat there for a while - until I decided to purge them all out by using 8% Beta Hydroxy Serum (SA). They all came to a head (became pustules) but not all at once. Everytime I apply the serum 10 bumps would become 10 pimples. And those pimples I treated with 100% TTO. 

I kept purging and purging and after one month my forehead got clear - I now get the regular pimples - 2 or 3 pimples that are treatable.

Don't squeeze them or anything. Purge them out using SA. Or maybe Epsom Salt.

Edit: You're on Accutane. I missed that. Best to leave them alone.

I'm referring to those tiny bumps on your forehead that are skin-tone. . . I have about 1500 of them.  Will Accutane clear them up? I want to say that I started getting them back in December 04 after taking Doxycycline and Tazorac. That's the only logical place I can start.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Yup I have those on my forehead, and on the sides of my face a little. I think they're just clogged pores or something... I don't know how to get rid of them. Squeezing them is bad, it always ends up creating zits out of things that were barely visible to anyone but me in the first place... sorry I can't be of much help, I need help myself! I've done 4 months of Accutane now and I still have them...

Mae