Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I am 17 years old and have had acne since I was 12 or 13.

It has gotten steadily worse, but not super severe like

some cases. However, my face is still plagued by those

red marks. I can't avoid getting them.

If I pop a zit, I get a red mark. If I leave it

alone, I get a red mark. They just keep accumulating

and now my face is full of them. This year has been

the worst, by far. My skin just looks very unhealthy.

My pores are very large, and I have many blackheads

around my nose. What is the best way to get rid of

these red marks? Are they permanent? Is it possible for me

to have normal healthy skin? I don't have any scars or

'craters', but the red marks are widespread. I've used

Pro-activ before with moderate success, but it doesn't

get rid of the red marks. I hate using creams anyways.

Would Accutane get rid of my red marks, or is that

just for actual pimples, and not red marks? Also, I

heard that a doctor won't prescribe accutane until

everything else has been proven unsuccessful. I'd

rather not have him try a bunch of creams on me,

because that's tedious and expensive. I want an

effective solution right now. I'm sick of these marks.

Can you help me? Thank you. I'm desperate.

Posted

hi

i think if its just red marks you're trying to get rid of, u should use retin-a coz i had really bad red marks on my cheeks but i use retin-a and they're going away. Before this i thought i had no hope and that my face was ruined forever but it seems to be working, so maybe it will give u hope........

if not u can always use peels or try the tape method.......

hope i helped :evil:

~nk~

Posted

I just read in another post that retina makes the spots darker for some people. i just want them to go away! i have so many it's ridiculous. i simply need the fastest way to clear them up. i need big results within a month or two.

Posted

Ok some of those post must be from mine, i said retin-a makes your healing pimples dark (the ones with scabs on them) but the older marks and the ones with no scabs should be fine, they are healing well for me since am on retin-a, my breakout seems to be settle down also, retin-a is supose to fight acne and scars at the same time so if you dont have severve breakout, i think retin-a is the solution.

Note: you might get a big breakout in the beginning of using retin-a other side affect such as flaky skin, redness etc... i have all these symtom unfortunally but my skin seems to be getting used to it, i hope am cured soon :evil:

It seems like whenever i have something working and being somewhat happay again, something eles rise up, i notice there is a big lump on the back of my head, it doent hurt, it just big....... kinda cried a little last night, my problem isnt that bad compare to some people but still... i feel like shit most of the time. Theres so many things i havnt done yet and my health future isnt looking too good. Am sick for the past week, SARS? LOL

ok got carried away there... try retin-a tho, it should help.

Posted

You think you got it bad Machinehead? If i look at a pimple wrong, it leaves a redmark. I once was so determined not to get a red mark, I took the zit out to a very pricey Italian restaurant, wined it, dined it, and made the sweetest of sweet love to it. And in the morning the bitch left me with a red mark and and a rash that ain't going away. So the moral of the story is- don't sleep with hookers. Um, I mean, red marks suck. Seriously, some peoples skin is very sensitive. If I even scrape my knee a tiny bit, the skins pigment will be messed up for months.

Posted

is there any other way to get rid of them other than creams? I usually can't stand using creams because they are such a hassle and they run out so quickly. I've started using Aloe Vera gel on my face because I was told that it had a lot of healing properties. I do get pimples here and there (maybe one or two small ones per two weeks), but it's mostly the red marks I'm worrying about. Everyone says they go away eventually, but I think they're lying to me. Anyways, again, would Accutane work for me at all? Even if it doesn't heal my red marks, would it help in the long run? People say they've been almost cured of acne forever after one course of Accutane. Is this true? Also, is there a way to get it prescribed quickly, without having to go through that trial and error CRAP with your dermatologist?

Posted

machinehead, i'm currently having the same problem as u.. the pimples came n left, but they leave red marks on my face...they just wouldn't go away...i dread each time whenever a new pimple grows on my face.. it's not that i'm scared of the pimples...but i really hate the marks left by them...i wonder whether they are scars or marks sometimes...

i've just started using dalacin-T ...wonder any of u heard of it... i've been using it for a week plus already.....

Posted

Accutane is /not/ good. I don't know why everyone thinks it's some wonder cure, but it definately isn't. It has tons of side effects, like your hair falling out, your joints weakening and depression, you have to visit the doctor every month for blood tests (or you can go into a coma, I know someone that this happened to), and it's really only going to work on severe cystic acne. It usually makes scarring quite worse, according to the many testimonies I've read, it dries you up like hell (which makes red marks stick out more) and you get a big breakout at the beginning. Definately don't try it unless you suddenly develope cystic acne.

For red marks, you have to moisterize and do the tape method. (this is the minimal cream method :)) Also, you can use Vita-K which takes a month or two, but apparently works very well on most people. It's a cream. Hopes this helps.

Rive

Posted

Hey Rive,

Did you get the Vita K? Or are you sticking with taping? BTW, I wanted to tell you before, I found that scotch tape doesn't do much, I have been using packing tape.

And Veneficus, that's what you get for treating the zit so well! She started to take you for granted! :)

Posted

I'd probably start with something such as Vita-K to get rid of the red marks. If that doesn't work then I might look into getting a peel done - like a lactic acid or glycolic acid peel.

I would NOT take Accutane for red marks, it's strictly for severe cases of ance.

Posted

ok, i see. i'm kinda new to all of these treatments, so maybe you can explain these better: what is the 'tape method'? and what is Vita-k? and what is a peel? Thanks.

Posted

hey machinehead, just browse around in the scars forum, there's really long threads on Vita-K & the taping method. If after reading these you still have questions post them here.

Happy reading!

Vanessa

Posted

ok, i've read some of that big post on the tape method. putting tape on my face seems kinda strange though, doesnt it? wouldn't it just irritate my skin more? anyways, what's the general 'regimen' that i should follow? what products would be best? I have aloe vera gel already, but what else would be helpful (other than the tape, of course)?

Posted
hi  

i think if its just red marks you're trying to get rid of, u should use retin-a coz i had really bad red marks on my cheeks but i use retin-a and they're going away. Before this i thought i had no hope and that my face was ruined forever but it seems to be working, so maybe it will give u hope........

if not u can always use peels or try the tape method.......

hope i helped :)  

~nk~

Red marks will go away fo sho. takes about 6 months tho but they will.. So if you are clear and just have those marks they'll go away.

Posted

ok, i just tried the tape method for the first time. dunno if it worked, but there was a lot of dead skin on the tape. i'm afraid that it might irritate my skin even more. i have one or two small whiteheads and one or two developing pimples. will the tape affect them? and what exactly is the principle of the tape method? how does doing that get rid of red marks faster? and what in god's name is vita-k?!?!?! :) thanks.

Posted

make sure u get vita k for blotchy skin. one of the few products designed especially for red marks.

Posted

ok, but what exactly is it? can i just buy it at the local drugstore?

Posted