Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest OnlyJoe

i dont think it will be posting again.

you've got to be kidding me. You're using a statement by your mother years later as a guide to how much labour hurts, even when you yourself concede that women's subsequent assessment of labour pain is inaccurate?

LOL i realize this topic has gotten like fully out of hand...but ill still post to the original topic....

I dont wish i was a gu...ya girls have a lot more shit (like periods) but like we can wear makeup to make us feel prettier and most guys can't...we have more choices of clothes and also like guys have the responsibility of asking girls out and making the first move n buyin us gifts lol

Plus im a girly girly i dunt no if i culd b a guy....mayb for a day tho...

uhhhh, you got me.... NOT!  I just tend to believe my own mother who is level-headed enough to not be looking for any sympathy and so I can trust what she says.  Why would she exaggerate?  She a wise woman, unlike most of you, and so I put more stock into her opinion. <shrug> Does that sound unreasonable?

Nah, I don't think she was or else she would have mentioned it... but I'll double-check next time I talk to her.  Anyway, were you not drugged?  And, if it's so painful, why do a lot of women choose to give birth naturally, i.e., without drugs?  I went through the lamanz (sp?) training with my sister (her hubby was on a ship) and I don't recall mothers falling out of the woodwork telling her how crazy she was for even considering such a torturous experience.  Nah, I hold by my opinion.  I know it can be more painful than usual for some, but I think my mother was in the majority.

And, if it's so painful, why do a lot of women choose to give birth naturally, i.e., without drugs?  I went through the lamanz (sp?) training with my sister (her hubby was on a ship) and I don't recall mothers falling out of the woodwork telling her how crazy she was for even considering such a torturous experience.  Nah, I hold by my opinion.  I know it can be more painful than usual for some, but I think my mother was in the majority.

aye... I don't think I wanna have kids after hearing that!!! eusa_sick.giflol.gif Can't believe my poor mom had to go through that....or half the population in this world!! biggrin.gif

For the experience, to know what women have been feeling for millions of years.

BUT...

It FUCKING hurts!!! So, I begged for drugs, an epidural specifically. They    tried to give it to me...

First, they have you curl  over as far as you can (to seperate the vertebra) and then they inject a local anesthetic. Then they put a catheter between your vertebra to place the epidural drip into. Ha!  ha ha ha  sad.gif  Not so much..

I curled over, they injected the local anesthetic, slid the catheter in - and my legs went numb! Now mind you, this is the CHIEF of anesthesiology - MF should know what he's doing, right?? Wrong! I told him my legs were numb - he said "No they're not." Excuse me Mr. Doctor? Yes, they are. Well, he checked my reflexes, and indeed there were none...and then I had a seizure. Oh the joys of child birth...

So, labor went on...at 8 centimeters, I begged them to try the epidural again (even after all that^) *sigh* They refused. So I begged for a C-Section, at least then I would be knocked out, right?  lol.gif No, they wouldn't do that either.

Well, the baby eventually came out, though I truly did not believe it was possible.

What I'm hoping to illustrate here is the mind-numbing intensity of the pain. I was willing to risk paralysis to not feel that pain anymore. I've broken bones, had stitches, etc., nothing that would ever compare to what I felt that day..

I realize of course that the incompetence of my Doc was unique, but the pain was not - I heard noises in that ward like I have never heard in all my life... *shudder*

Adultacne, you're seriously not telling women how much labor hurts just cause your mom said it didnt, are you? XD I've never given birth yet (hopefully never WOW!!), but I've never heard a single woman who said she had an easy pregnancy + birth. Every single one has either complained about terrible sickness while prego, or terrible pains during labor. So I tend to agree that your mom must be one of a very small minority of women who didn't find it excruciating XD

so, tell the truth, were there medical and/or physical reasons why it was so painful for you?  Or, just bad luck?  It is kinda wierd why child birth has to be so painful.  Why couldn't all the pipes be big enough to let the little feller slide right on out?  Why do latino's have so many children?  Are they lacking the delivery-pain gene?  Hmmm...

In lamanz class, they taught that the hubby (or partner) should take k-y jelly and work the vagina opening wider and wider with his fingers every night so that it doesn't have to stretch as much during delivery.  Did you do that?  I know that does nothing for labor pains, however.  Haha, and I didn't do that for my sister.  I think she used a wine bottle or something... JUST KIDDING!

perineal massage has a minor effect on the risk of tearing, but isn't intended to affect pain in delivery:

http://www.childbirth.org/articles/massageref.html

Comparison of the group assigned to massage with the group assigned to no massage showed a reduction of 6.1% in second or third degree tears or episiotomies. This corresponded to tear rates of 75.1% in the no-massage group and 69.0% in the massage group (P = 0.073).

perineal massage has a minor effect on the risk of tearing, but isn't intended to affect pain in delivery:

http://www.childbirth.org/articles/massageref.html

the reason latinos have so many babies, as you put it, is because there is a strong correlation between female literacy/education levels and fertility; actually, birthrates in Latin America have halved in the last 30 years.

http://www.dhushara.com/book/diversit/extra/fed.htm

Here's a crazy thing I just remembered. I had this friend who was dating this girl who was having ALL of her pubic hairs electrodilipidated (sp?). You know, like they do with eyebrows... stick a needle in the hair follicle and zap it with electricity and then pull the hair out with tweezers. Supposedly, you have to go back for several sessions to permanently kill the hair follicle. Now c'mon, to do that to your pubes is just plain masochistic. And yeah, she's was a nutt case.

And speaking of brazilian wax jobs, I dunno, but that kinda sounds worse than child birth. Which would you rather have?

And the brings up another painful point.  I also understand that breast feeding hurts a lot at first. 

^^that would be awful!

I had 4 episiotomies, more than 30 stitches, ripped in two places, and hemorrhaged. My son's head was 14.5" around. no drugs.

Lamaze btw. And yes, I was instructed to massage my perineum  with oil every evening. Also buff my nipples with a towel  eusa_eh.gif . I did these things religiously. It does nothing for labor pains, it's simply meant to reduce the chances of tearing.

No, there were no medical reasons it was so painful, every woman I've discussed it with has had the same degree of pain. I was 20 yrs old, good health, height/weight proportionate...perfect candidate *shrugs* My complications were unique, but they were not painful. I'm rather petite (5'3"), and my son's head was large (14.75")...but that's not particularly unusual either.

LOL, if the pipes were big enough for the little feller to slide right out, you wouldn't have as much fun sliding your little feller right in! wink.gif

haha, try having to shave EVERYTHING... or maybe try waxing? both two very plesant activies. on top of periods: cramps, bloating, PMS. imagine EVERY SINGLE MONTH for about FOURTY YEARS. having to shave your face is child's play in comparison.  razz.gif