Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone got any ideas how to make this regimen less drying? I have been on the regimen about 3 weeks or so and I ramped up the amount like Dan said. I am using

-cetaphil cleansing bar

-BP gel 2.5%

-Neutrogena 15+

After I cleanse my face gets so tight I can hardly close my eyes. Then, after about an hour after I moisturize, all these flakes appear. My boyfriend thought I had sand on my face! :oops: . The problem is even before I started the regimen I had quite dry skin. Where all this excess oil is comming from that is supposed to be causing my acne I have no idea. I also can't use AHA's cause they make my skin scale up. I'm currently taking 1 gram of B5 daily is this a bad idea? I don't want to have to stop the regimen as it is the only thing which has been able to clear up my acne. Please help.

Hey aw,

Have you tried the taping method? I had the same flaking problem & this got rid of it really quickly. I use packing tape (not Scotch tape, which isn't strong enough).

Try switching to an alpha hydroxy moistuirzer at this point. The Eucerin Renewal is very nice. This should solve the problem.

May give the AHA thing another whirl, but I had bad experiences in the past where my skin went all itchy and scaly. Can anyone recommed any good ones? Unfortunately I can't get the Eucerin here in Australia.

Try backing off a little (just a little) with the bp, and only waiting 15 minutes or so to put on the moisturizer. I think it is possible to overdo it, so you need to find the balance. Good luck.

Cheers, Vanessa! i thought tape method didnt work for me but that was cuz I was using just regular sticky tape instead of packing tape, which works :evil: I tried the Johnson baby bar today - it seems less stripping so I think i'll stick with it. I'll also try waiting 15 instead of 5 mins and using abit less BP. I really wanna try everything before risking the BP/Alphahydroxy combo.

Does anyone know wether vit B5 can cause dry skin? I'm taking it cuz occasionally I get a cyst :shock: an I don't think the regimen can treat these.