Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cynic

I need a good facewash...

OK --

I'm on B5 - but still need a really good facewash to treat my skin topically.

I was using the Carleys natural soap for a while, and though that was good, and left my skin feeling really nice, I kinda got the feeling it was *too* mild, and wasn't helping suppress my acne at all like a more specifically acne-fighting facewash would.

Before that, I was using the Clearasil Biactol Senstive facewash, and while I know Clearasil generally gets a bad rap from people on here, it did seem to have a good effect, and was gentle on my skin too. Problem is, it seems they've discontinued it now as I can't find it on boots.com anywhere.

So I was wondering if you guys could give me any recommendations on something to use - all that I'm really after is something similar to the above, but something that's really gentle and suitable for sensitive skin so as not to dry my skin - and something that hopefully foams up well when using it (not sure why, just prefer these type of washes) - but above all, something that works. :o)

Thanks.

Hi Cynic..

I've been using Biore Ice cleanser (contains SA), for a while now. It seems to be doing a pretty good job and I'm happy with it smile.gif

I have quite sensitive skin and I do moisturise after I've used it (I always moisturise after washing my face anyway).

I'm not sure how suitable it would be for someone who's taking B5 though eusa_think.gif

I also use St Ives face scrub, every few days.. & Baking Soda, mixed with water, as a face scrub, on the days I don't use St Ives (I use the face scrubs at night and Biore in the morning).

I seem to get on well with the combination I'm using smile.gif

Try "Biore" (i think thats how its spelt) My skin cleared up quickly and there was no drying effect, you can buy it at Boots.

Avoid putting any washes that contain Alcohol on your skin, it will induce your skin to over produce oil to cancel the drying effect of the alcohol and before you know it you are back at square one. Those "clean and clear" and simular washes are more for short term goals for people with only slight blemishes.

Remember everyone is different and your body will react differently to the next persons body. You WILL find your cure for your skin you have just got to learn to never settle for second best and if you see your doctor about your skin dont be affraid to ask questions.

Remember it is never as bad as you think it is and there are people that want to, and are willing to help so let them, you are not the only person suffering!. There are no short term goals and sometimes you need to keep working at it and at some point the ups will out number the downs.

OK cool, thanks for all the help everyone.

I've gone for the Biore option for now, worth testing I guess - it's the "Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser" - is this the same one that you meant, sarahulett and Dee?

Fingers crossed I get some good results from it.

welli posted too late...

but cetaphil non irritant cleanser is the bomb, but is £7 a pop.

Go to tesco and scope out the Ulay Daily Cleanser Sensitive. It is under £3 and is practically the same stuff as cetaphil

don't go for the harsh stuff.

I am a 33-year-old who suddenly broke out with acne about 10 years ago. I never had acne as a teenager, but now I do. I have tried all kinds of stuff, as well, and I finally found something that worked for me. I use beComing face wash and beComing face lotion. I use them twice a day (sometimes 3 if my face feels yucky). The combination of the two make my face look healthy (my husband actually noticed a great improvement on his own like a month after I began using them; my face is ruddy with old acne scars and dry looking, but the face wash and lotion have made my face look softer and less dry and ruddy. I am now in the process of getting rid of those acne scars with TCA 25% (don't ask, not sure how it is working yet as I just applied it last night!).

There is also an Avon acne gel that I use when I get one little pimple here and there. I apply it before I go to bed to the spot and peel it off in the morning. It's not 100% healed, but it is smaller, less red, and less noticeable. I forget the name of it, but you can find it on Avon.

Oh yeah, one more thing I use (sister just gave it to me the other day). I had 2 huge, irritated/infected zits that would not go away. I was about to dig out my Avon acne gel to try to heal them when my sister came over with this stinky stuff called Neem oil. It smells like French onion soup...peee ewww....She swore it would heal them and begged me to try, so I put it on those two spots, once that afternoon and once before I went to bed, and viola!!...those two suckers were almost gone!! Worked better than the gel. You can look this neem oil up on the net...there's lots of info on it.

This is in no way an acne treatment. It is a daily face wash regimen that seems to keep my acne at bay and helps to really hydrate my skin without oil (oh yeah, best part, it's oil free).

You can get this from www.avon.com, but I think you have to get it from what they call an Avon "beauty consultant." My mom sells Avon, but she can't sell this product since she is not a "consultant." I got mine off eBay for 99 cents each (and $5.00 for s&h). It's normally $15.00 each. Good luck to you!!!

Charlotte

OK cool, thanks for all the help everyone.

I've gone for the Biore option for now, worth testing I guess - it's the "Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser" - is this the same one that you meant, sarahulett and Dee?

Fingers crossed I get some good results from it.