Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi

For all the people that have used emu oil, could u tell me if it is affective on acne and acne red marks?

What were the results like?

I am thinking of using it as a mositurizer while on accutane

Thanks

Hi Chicklet,

I used it for a little while & found it broke me out a bit. Admittedly, I wasn't on accutane - I was using BP, and let me tell you, it's basically impossible to spread emu oil over BP! It made me feel kind of greasy & I don't have oily skin, so unless you're pretty dry...

I do like it on the drier parts of my face though, especially around the eye area.

I got a few zits from it also, I usually know when something is giving me zits and it was the emu oil, I probably tried it a few days and got those zits.

I am sorry I have to ask...what exatly is Emu oil and is it any way related to the large austrialan birds? lol

haha frances, yes, it's actually from emus! I'm not going to think too much about how they extract it...

Emu oil is a fantastic product, fantastic for leather products like shoes, handbags, saddles etc, it is an oil extracted from the fat layer under the skin of the emu from around the rump, we are on a property in Australia and have used it on leather goods for years, I found skin products made from it and thought "could work", it was gluggy, glooey and greasy and helped my cystic acne stand up and say "G'day"

Lyn.