Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoubleDown

Moisturizer with Differin?

Is it okay to apply moisturizer at night before I apply Differin? Will the Differin still be affecteive?

Also... I use the pledgets (wipes). instead of the gel. Has anyone tried either and have an opinion on which they think is better?

I am on differin now...but I just started it a little over a week ago so I don't know how much this will help.

Anyways, I put on a light moisturizer like Cetaphil's moisturizer and then wait about 10 minutes for my skin to absorb it, that way it doesn't dilute my differin. Keep me updated on how you are doing on the differin. I am a little skeptical. :evil:

The Differin has been working great for me. Just stick with it... you have to give it a few weeks to work before you can really see if it works for you or not. Do you use the gel?

I've been on differin for the last 4 months and it's been wonderful. With differin, you need lots of PATIENCE. It works right away on pimples and whiteheads, but the blackheads take very long. It's slowly sucking them out of my pores, but I know it will be quite some time before I see more improvement in terms of my blackehads. Plus, I've noticed that my pores have become kind of red around my blackheads. I think it's a sign that it's working! Hope it works for you all as well.

i know differin works for some people and that is wonderful! yay clear skin is always good. but differin was horrible for me--made my skin real oily. Personally im a huge fan of tazorac, and recommend people try it! my bro and I used differin, retin a micro, u name it, but tazorac has had some dramatic results

I am on the cream because of sensitive skin, so far I like that it doesn't cause me irritation like the bp....but I have yet to see results. (only been on it for two weeks though:) I was also wondering if there is a major difference in the gel and the creme.

I've tried both the creme and the gel, and found that the gel seems to work faster. Actually, I was on the creme for about 6 months and never had real improvement. I've been on the gel now for 4 months, and I've seen great improvement. But that's just my experience.