Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EazyKak

Shaving while on Accutane?

This is for the boys here: How should I shave while I'm on this drug , I mean my skin Is sooo flaky and to shave off the scabs of the healing pimples so it wont leave me with a scar... so how is the best way to shave and what are the best products to use:Cream,razor,toner.etc....

thx in advance...

I wouldn't use any extra products that could irritate the skin, especially toners. If you use a blade, replace it often and try to only shave once over any given area. My derm recommended electric shavers for acne prone skin. I use a Norelco Advantage. It is the kind that dispenses shaving lotion while you shave. I like it because I still can get a close, wet shave, but it is much gentler on any acne that I do have. Have you also considered growing a beard or goatee while on Accutane?

Dunno maybe you right and its better to grow up a goatee or something in the meanwhile and about the electric razor I konw its way better to acne prone skin but does it realy give you a good close shave ?

thx again...

You'd be surprised how close the new electrics shave. If you look for one, make sure it is one that can be used "wet". Currently, the best ones out there are the Norelco Advantage and the Panasonic Linear. It is a totally different shaving experience and your face will need time to adapt. The Norelco is a rotary shaver and the Panasonic is a foil shaver. I tried a Panasonic once and it actually shaved me so close that I bled! I didn't keep it long enough to find out if my face would ever adapt to it. I then bought the Norelco and I've been happy with it from day one. I am always tempted to go back to blades because I like the whole blade shaving experience, especially with the Gillette Sensor. If you decide to switch, I'll give you some pointers on shaving with electrics. BTW, some electrics give you 60 days to try them out to see if you like them.

If you switch, go with the Norelco Advantage. From my own personal experience and others, rotary electrics are much easier on the face than foil shavers. I read some reviews on Epinions. More people seem to experience razor burn from foil shavers. There is something about the cutting action of foil shavers that I find to be too irritating.

i have a norelco advantage and a gillete sensor excel...when i have to shave around my sideburns or other areas the electric can't seem to get for some reason i use a razor...also i find that that using an electric around the bottom of your neck causes alot of irratation

i have a norelco advantage and a gillete sensor excel...when i have to shave around my sideburns or other areas the electric can't seem to get for some reason i use a razor...also i find that that using an electric around the bottom of your neck causes alot of irratation

I shave as close to my sideburns as I can with the electric, and then I use a disposable to shape my sideburns. Once your face adapts to the electric, neck irritation should be greatly reduced or eliminated. I had that problem with my old dry electric shaver. The Advantage has eliminated shaving irritation for me.