Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mouse

Does tazorac give you oily face?

Many people and myself experience an increase in oil production with the use of retin a micro. I have read on another board that tazorac doesnt do this but actually helps the situation. Are there any tazorac users here that had their oil production reduced with the use of tazorac?

hmmm i used retin a micro for 9 months, and didnt love it or hate it, but tazorac is GREAT and has really cleared me, and I am much less oily, but strangely less irritated as well. Retin a micro made my skin blister and peel, and tazorac doesnt do that to me, but works better.

i found that the .05% gel works the best for me, but my bro likes the .05 cream--so i guess just play around with them and see which one is best. My derm gave me like a million samples to see what I liked. I think the gel is good since is is a little more drying, but the .1% was too harsh.

did u use the .1% or the .04% micro? and does tazorac constantly peel your skin like how retin a micro does? sorry for asking so many questions.

oh dont even worry bout askin questions!! i wish i had found acne.org a lot sooner so I could have asked all these questions! :evil:

yeah the retin a micro .1% made my skin PEEL--horribly

but the tazorac strangely seems to work much better, and I have almost no peeling, well nothing even compared to the retin a micro--the cream versions even gentler than the gel and I can handle the gel version--and my skins pretty sensitive. I would say give the tazorac a try

hey cookie, im assuming you use tazorac at night. Do you use any type of medication in the day time? and how clear are you with what you have been using? thanks

yeah i use the tazorac at night, but i put vita k on first as a moisturizer

in the morning I use benzaclin and then vita k--I would say that I am like 97% clear--yknow i think we all get the occasional pimple here or there--if youre a girl around the time of the month, or if i have a lot of stress, or a night out drinkin--but overall it is much better

oh yeah I also take spironolactone and nicomide

ne ways hope this helps! :)