Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

evil.gif Maybe i just need a place to vent but this sucks. I feel that I would be such a moere confident and better person if i had clear skin. Maybe thats a bad thing to say but its the truth. It affects me at school, with girls, with everything. I think if i had clear skin my life would be different. the only thing that seemed to work for me was minocycline but then it seemed to stop working so well. I am back on it now and it seems to be working but not as well. I have tried mixing in some sasylic acid , or benzoyl peroxide wash or 2.5% gel, or glycolic acid, green tea,ester-c, several derma-e products, including DERMA-E ALPHA LIPOIC/GREEN TEA lotion, and DERMA-E DMAE/ALPHA/C-ESTER. What do you guys think would be the best combo to mix in with Minocycline. Also I dont know what it is but sometimes my face just get so oily, even when the products i use say oil free. should i wash once in morning and apply benzoyl and once at night and apply benzoyl or will that overaggrevate it. I am so frustrated i just feel like going on Accutane but have heard of the horrible side affects. Please any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for listening to my rant, G

Hey dude, I know how you feel ... i'm a good looking guy, you can see my pic (avatar) thats me ... but acne/pimples also has ruined my life. It ruins self-confidence etc etc. I've been on everything aswell mino, which pretty much didn't work.. I've never had cystic acne, just persistant oily skin/blackheads and of course lots of normal pimples .. can never eat any naughty foods like pizza or drink coke or anything sugary, drink chocolate or the next day my face would be messed up again!! ... But I had enuff of it and went to see the derm again! each trip to the derm $180 and he finally gave it to me.. only 20mg a day though and we're going to see how it clears me up ... i'd say go for the accutane dude, ntohing else is ever going to truly work.....

either live your life in the hell you're living now, or give accutane a shot, something that could change your life forever .........

Ryan.

yeah ryan its not that easy to get derms in the us to prescribe accutane damnit. don't act like its simply walking in and taking accutane lol.

What about in canada is it ez or pretty hard to get a accutane prescription? I remember i went to see my doc once when i didnt really know about the different drugs, he had mentionned accutane and the risk for the liver but said to better to try minocycline ., That never workeed .