Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
u2popgrrl

Very Oily, big-pored, almost scaly skin tips???!!!

That pretty much describes my skin. Bare it looks -ok-, red and scars but no big deal. But when I apply makeup my pores look huge and way up close it looks scarly almost. Its all one tone which is great, but if anyone gets super close it looks horrible. Then after about only 2 hrs I get super oily. I use the Clean n Clear pads to remove some of it, but its gross, especially when its warmer. I do have an actualy question...if anyone is suffering from any of those skin types, what foundation do you use? I know something oil free, but everything I've tried still looks like I have caked on layers of make up. I just wanna see what my best option for make up is...because going without is NOT an option.

It sounds like what you need to do first, before worrying about a new make up, is even out your actual skin surface. You need a good cleanser that is gentle but that also removes dead skin cells, which may be causing that scaly look you mentioned. I use Neutrogena Deep Clean cream cleanser- it works fabulous! And it feels so refreshing! You may want to use a skin toner a few times a week as well- you should try Clinique Clarifying Lotion. Then use a good moisturizer- I use DDF ultra lite moisturizing dew. It absorbs quickly and doesnt leave me shiny or greasy, just soft.

Basically, before your make-up can look good and smooth, your skin needs to be prepared correctly so that the make-up can do its job

Hope this helps!! :evil:

true. i cannot wear liquid foundation any more because of how big it makes my pores look. and they are all like that so don't kid yourself. what daisymay said was right. you have to even out your skins surface first. exfoliate is key. i know some people are against it but it has helped me tremendously. a nice granular scrub or an exfoliating sponge like earththerapeutics anti bac complexion pad does wonders. i would stay away from cream cleansers if you have this pore issue. i've been spot concealing with regular foundation then applying a pressed powder all over and my skin looks so much better this way. clinique stay matte powder is the best cause it glides on silky and has no chalky look to it. they just made a powder foundation with spf 15 that you just use dry and that also looks good and will probably give a go next. oh and use a toner if you have to. some people say it doesnt do anything but i cannot do without mine. good luck.

For exfoliation, I recommend Clean and Clear cloths with microscrubbers, I love them, they exfoliate really well and they dont irritate my skin, I've tried Olay facials and they barely exfoliate anything. Also, have you tried Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, it can suck up the oil out of ur skin, do it maybe once or twice a week. Oh yea, you know what might help you also a primer, its suppose to make pores look smaller and make the makeup stay on longer. I cant recommend any liquid foundation because I use mineral make-up now, not sure if you would be interested in that and also I dont think it would do anything for ur large pores. I agree with Diana about the Clinique stay matte powder, I love it, it doesnt cause any breakouts and also covers, I would use it if I didnt use mineral make-up. My skin is dry though, but I've heard these things I recommended work great for people with oily skin.

Just wanted to say thanx you guys. You've given me a lot of ideas and things to try...and yes! I use the mint julip mask ALL the time. Its great. Thanx again! :evil: