Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anyothergirl

Tessa's acne/redmark journal...

18yochickfightingacne4toolong,

"I don't know the sensitivity of your skin, but, I think its possible after awhile your skin will get dried out and/or irritated from the 2 step washing your face in the morning, and then the double toners."

-I'm confused by what you mean when you say double toners? I am only using the green tea toner.. unless you mean the vinegar is a toner too??

-About the AHA at night.. I just recently ordered the AHA night cream online, so hopefully that comes soon smile.gif

Thx again, hope all goes well

masterbrownie

I like the lemon and egg white mask b/c it makes skin feel smooth... but i dont think it does much for scars or acne. BUT i could be wrong. About the ACV and Baking soda, i like it and it doesnt seem to break out my skin-- also i have heard that it is amazing for red marks

mike flores

Haha thx Mike, Jennifer Garner is freakin HOT, therefore so are my eyes lol

-Tessa

Wow watch the horny males jump like flies!!! lmao i think you need to release some testosterone guys. Yes she is very good looking but dont e-flirt rofl lawl lawl

You dont have acne that bad, but perhaps im delusional. Keep us informaed how you do ^^ im starting roaccutane on monday biggrin.gif:D

l8rs peeps. Chrissy boy

Just want to say good luck!!!

Looking at your pic was like looking in the mirror (although your are 100x prettier than me) You're skin looks so much like mine. Cept these days I have no acne on my cheeks, just lots of red marks and scarring. Mine these days is situated on my chin and jawline - although it's getting better.. very slowly.

Bit about me.. I'm 22, from Australia and have been dealing with acne since I was 12. It's only ever been mild-moderate but after 10 years of it my skin is quaite a mess. I came across this site last week and have been addicted ever since. I've spent the last week following Dan's regimen (to some extend) and have noticed an improvement. I had lots of little zits all over my forehead a week ago, which are now gone, and the zits on my chin are clearing up slowly. I don't think my cheeks are quite as red. I've had a lot of flaking, think i've been using too much BP gel, but after giving it a miss for a day my skin feels quite nice.

It's fantastic to have people like you start these message boards so we can help each other out. Being in Australia we don't get the same products that you guys over in the US get. I'm just doing some research and seeing what I can find that is similar here. If need be I may order on line.

Have a great weekend. I'll drop back and see how you're going in the next few days!

DAY 3 Feb 26/05

So today is pretty much the same as yesterday. No improvement or change in anything sad.gif soon hopefully!

Otay.. Im excited for my AHA to come now!! So does it help with acne and red marks or both? Thanks smile.gif

greatsaiyanman,

Yea my acne and scars could be worse, but even the small amount i have has broken my self confidence with a lot of things. Good luck with roaccutane! Let me know how it goes, do you have a regime log on here?

nurlaj,

I just checked out your pics and your skin does look similar to mine... about your acne moving from your cheeks to your chin- mine has done the same thing. It used to be on my forehead when i was around 13 and then it moved to my hairline beside my eyes, then to my cheeks and now recently my chin. This has happened over a period of years, but its interesting cause all the area i used to have it really bad are CLEAR NOW. weird huh? The flaking you've been experiencing is definatly from BP. are you moisterizing as well? Thats extremely important. BP works well for acne but not so much scars.. well good luck with everything and i hope you can find everything you need in Australia

Good luck with your regime, I wish you all the best!

Tessa

greatsaiyanman,

Yea my acne and scars could be worse, but even the small amount i have has broken my self confidence with a lot of things. Good luck with roaccutane! Let me know how it goes, do you have a regime log on here?

Thanks for the support. I know all to well about the scarring aswell, its a big problem for me. As for self confidence you have no need to worry, your an attractive female so your not going to have problems. I walk around with my head down so people cant see my face and no1 is allowed to touch it. I wouldnt even let my girlfriend at the time touch my face when it became bad. So id say that we have pretty similar reasons for going on our medications.

Oh and narjul im from Melbourne ^^

YAY my Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion just came in the mail!!! smile.gif I am going to start using it tonight... im sooo excited I have heard great things about it! Question though.... is it safe to use day and night? what do you do?

Thx smile.gif

DAY 4 Feb 28/04

My scars are looking really good on my left side, but my right side is horrible. And I keep breaking out (i think its casue i just stared the tetracycline). For anyone whos been on it how long did it take to clear up your skin? its been a while since ive been on it and i dont remember... Thanks smile.gif

greatsaiyanman,

aww keep your head up smile.gif

I wish you the best of luck with everything

nurlaj,

no worries smile.gif

Good luck everyone

and thanks for the support

Tessa

your using a lot on your face both night and day... i think that this may cause your breakouts because too much stuff at once will irratate the skin and casue you to breakout more.

agentile27,

Your probibly right, although everything im using now, i have been using for 2 months. The only thing i changed was i started the green tea toner and stoped using BP. And the breakouts started when I started tetracycline.. so i think thats what it is. I could be wrong though. Thanks for your input smile.gif

Tessa

Hey,

Your skin sounds alot, alot like mine. Even down to the fact that my right side is worse than my left! I'm 19 too, and hoping I'll grow out of this nonsense.

Anywho, I tried the BS and vinegar thing, but stopped because the BS started to break me out. I think it was too harsh for my skin. I started the green tea toner after that, since my red marks are still pretty annoying. I've used it for about three weeks, and it's faded my minor red marks, but my darker ones are still kickin' around! I'm thinking about using the green tea toner in the mornings and vinegar at night.

Phew. I did have a point for posting! Just wondering what concentration of vinegar you're using, if you're diluting it at all. Also, what did you think of the AHA and the Neutrogena peel? I'm considering both those products... but wary of spending the dough! The peel seems like a good idea, 'cause I think my skin's problem is that it doesn't heal fast enough, and shed dead skin... What do you think? Ciao!

Otay.. Im excited for my AHA to come now!! So does it help with acne and red marks or both? Thanks

------------------------------------

Re:

Its (AHA) intention is to help with red marks, and evening out the skin tone, but a lot of people say that its reduced the amount of breakouts and as well, helped with white/blackheads.

In my opinion.....I think using a 10% AHA is best to do overnight. If your not leaving other medication on your face during the day (i.e. BP) then once you get used to it, then you may want to start applying in the morning. Personally, I don't do it in the morning, only overnight, EVERY night!! I just want to avoid anything and everything that I think may potentially irritate me.

Can't wait to see your updated pics!!

P.S. Don't worry, your not using to many products. They are all beneficial.

YAY NEW PICS

Im going to post them in the first post as well as this one... each picture will be beside the old one from last week to see if there are any improvements smile.gif

DAY 6 (day 2 of AHA use at night) March 1/05

Feb 24/05- Left side

user posted image

March 1/05- Left side

user posted image

Feb 24/05

user posted image

March 1/05

user posted image

Right side- Feb 24/05

user posted image

Right side- March 1/05

user posted image

The scars seem to be fading smile.gif... but a small breakout for now sad.gif. Do you see any improvements?

Thanks

Tessa

otay.. so i was just looking in the mirror and i realized that those pics dont tell the whole truth. lol. although i wish they did... it must be the lighting cause you cant see some of the red spots but i guess you get the idea. Next time i will take the pictures without a flash.. think that will help???

Tessa

Hey Tessa,

Just wanted to say Hi and say to kep up the good work.. looking good!

Pity it takes so long hey. If only someone could a mircale cure for this and we could end this overnight. But I guess the pharmaceutiucal companies couldn't have that could they!

Check out my last post to see what I'm up to these days.

Take care xo xo

thats awesome that u got AHA hope it works for u!! seems to be working so far! u just started so give it time!! Laterz!!

SiMoN

Day 7- March 2/05

Today I feel really good about my skin, although my acne has not gone away my scars KEEP FADING every day smile.gif <-- and that is what i wanted to work on so i am very excited! I will keep you posted... New pics in 5 days will show improvement- i promise~! I am going to be positive - or at least try! lol

nurlaj,

Hey smile.gif

Yea its soo hard when it just takes time and patience - two things that are difficult to have. Thanks for checking out how im doing

Good luck with everything biggrin.gif

SiMoN05,

Thx.. i hope AHA works for me too *fingers crossed* wish me luck!

ashestoembers,

Nope sorry Im not an alexisonfire fan !

Tessa