Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mz43026

Scars!!!! need advice

your skin does look like it's improved. Gawd, how I'd love to have skin like yours.

Lollipop: I don't mean acne. I know I don't have that. How about my scars everyone?

Lexy: I think my redness are more pinkish color so I am happy about that. I have ointments on now, I cannot sleep though. I hope my scars will heal. Ice pick scars are the worst . Couple of them looks long/linear. I will be hanging out w/ a friend that I've haven't seen for awhile sometime next month, I hope my skin will improve more by then. Face is dry again.

Hi, MZ.

I have increased my dosage to 40mg/day. Skin looks really red --- looks as if I got sunburt. My roommate describes me as a moving tomato. :cry:

According to my experience, the first two months are the toughest time. I really want to have a short vacation so that I can hide my tomato face from others, but my advisor would not allow it... So I have to hang in there, no matter how tough I feel.

So how is your coursework going on?

I looked at your recent pictures, and I saw new improvement, indeed. If the redness is faded away, your skin will look really beautiful, except for some parts near your mouth, there are a few mild icepicks, but it really doesn't matter.

Hi, MZ.

I have increased my dosage to 40mg/day. Skin looks really red --- looks as if I got sunburt. My roommate describes me as a moving tomato. :cry:

According to my experience, the first two months are the toughest time. I really want to have a short vacation so that I can hide my tomato face from others, but my advisor would not allow it... So I have to hang in there, no matter how tough I feel.

So how is your coursework going on?

I looked at your recent pictures, and I saw new improvement, indeed. If the redness is faded away, your skin will look really beautiful, except for some parts near your mouth, there are a few mild icepicks, but it really doesn't matter.

a moving tomato? :D That's funny. That's like how I was 4 months ago.

anyway, MZ your skin looks alot calmer than the previous pics. Your pores are so non-existent. lucky girl

SHIREK:

I take 20mgx2 so 40mg/day. My skin gets red easily b/c it's real sensitive right now. I just took couple more photos and this time I have Mederma on.

I am just having a tough time w/ dryness. I slept w/ ointment on everynight now. In the morning I normally apply Olay Regenerist but I'm out of it so I applied Merderma today. Yes hang in there. I feel the same way when I look horrible for school most of the times. But I know if I quite in the middle of school year I would really regret about it later on.

I am trying to do well in school. So for I haven't miss many classes and I am doing good. I should of graduated already this year, I started college @ 17. But I had to slow down because I was not doing too well, I was too crazy over my skin. I am so ashamed of myself, I let scars on my face get to me. I know that as long as I still have scars, I could easily become obsessed again. But I am hoping not to make anymore mistakes and finish school.

I hate Ice Pick Scars it looks like my face was stabbed. The last photo are the 3 light scars that are still red from doing chemical peels. They are still there. I think it might be permanent. I need a better camera, I wanna take up close photos to show the depth of my ice pick scars. But I don't think any of the pictures capture that. Plus they are blurry looking. I am getting lot of blackhead on my nose too. I wonder if that's from Accutane. I'm not sure if I should extract them or leave it alone.

Hey I just took pictures of my skin (sideview). I think it shows better view, you can see my indentations more clear and redness are still there (pinkish now). But right now my skin feels itchy from Mederma. You can see tiny scars all over my cheeks. I took a photo of my nose, I have lot of blackheads.

Today I went to this place http://www.theskincentermd.com/question.htm for a consultation. I came back disappointed. The anastician I saw was not helpful at all. I asked her about PowerPeel microdermabrasion they offer . I wanted to know if it was similar to what Magnaticboy had. I asked her if the machine was medical grade. She said yes but I'm not sure whether to believe her or not. But she told me that it would not help with my scars at all. She said it won't help any type of scarring except making it smoother. I asked her what type of treatment would help, she said to do TCA peel or Microlaser peel. The Microlaser cost around $400 each treatment for 10 Micron, $600 for 20 Micron, and $800 for 30 Micron. I'm not sure what the Micron's mean. Also for a series of 3 treatment it cost: $1000, $1500, $2000. The type of peels they offer would be BioMedic Peel $120, Medium Chemical Peel $2,250, Deep Chemical Peel $4,900. Ok continue with my story, I asked her how much improvement I can expect from doing MicroLaser peel or TCA. She said she cannot provide me any information about it because everyone's skin is different. I asked her to give me honest opinion based on her experience, she wouldn't not provide it to me. She said that it doesn't matter what she thinks, she said that if I think that they are serious then it would be considered as serious. I also asked how much percentage of TCA would she perform on me if I decide to get it, she said 5-10%. Like is that strong enough? I've done 16% on my own so I don't know why I would let them do it because I already know the result. I also notice she has scars too on her face. She said that she had done Microlaser peel twice and that she use to have scars all over her face. She said that she still need to get 2 more. She also mentioned I that I only have scars on my cheeks and that I have Ice Pick scarring and that they are difficult to treat. Basically I don't know what to do, I feel like she is just there to get paid and not care about other people's skin. I don't understand why some doctors are so unhelpful. She could not provide me any information about Micropeels b/c she does not perfrom it, the doctor there do that. I am not sure wheather to do go for PowerPeel or not b/c she would be the one performing it on me. I asked her if she was experienced, she thought I was insulting her. But I just want to make sure that I was in good hands if I was to have her work on my skin. She said she had over 20 years of experience, which i'm not sure if i should believe. I mean wouldn't she have at least learned to be nice to her patients? She was rude and I could tell she wanted the consultation to be over with. But anyways I left with a brochure she provided for me. I am so sad, because that is why I was afraid of if I went to see a doctor, I'm afraid of the truth. Now I feel like I don't have any hopes anymore. What do you guys think of my visit? Am I asking the right questions because I'm not getting answers from her? What type of questions should I ask? So is she basically telling me that there is no solutions for treating my scars or that the only choice I have are the expensive treatments that I would need to have done more than once? I know this is real long but I am so depressed over this. It ruined my whole day and now I don't know what to think anymore. Plus I stopped taking Accutane as of yesterday. It doesn't help scars. My skin has gotten so dry from taking it.

mz,

How long did you take the accutane? I don't know if it will work but I also think you are jumping from treatment to treatment and not giving them a chance. Alot of these treatments take 6 months to over a year to see appreciable changes. I totally understand your frustration about the people not caring. If you are really concerned about your scarring and they are mainly icepicks maybe you should go to find someone that does good punch excisions and have them done. Or at least a couple to see how they turn out. I hate to see you continue treatment and damage your good skin like I think has happened to me.

Colin

Hey Mz!! I can totally see why you would be frustrated with what that aesthetician told you and her lack of overall concern and understanding for her patient. That is just rude of her to treat you like that! I would maybe go somewhere else and get another opinion. I certainly wouldn't want someone like that performing a chemical peel on me!! You really need to trust someone who is working on your face. Get another opinion!!

Today I went to this place http://www.theskincentermd.com/question.htm for a consultation. I came back disappointed. The anastician I saw was not helpful at all. I asked her about PowerPeel microdermabrasion they offer . I wanted to know if it was similar to what Magnaticboy had. I asked her if the machine was medical grade. She said yes but I'm not sure whether to believe her or not. But she told me that it would not help with my scars at all. She said it won't help any type of scarring except making it smoother. I asked her what type of treatment would help, she said to do TCA peel or Microlaser peel. The Microlaser cost around $400 each treatment for 10 Micron, $600 for 20 Micron, and $800 for 30 Micron. I'm not sure what the Micron's mean. Also for a series of 3 treatment it cost: $1000, $1500, $2000. The type of peels they offer would be BioMedic Peel $120, Medium Chemical Peel $2,250, Deep Chemical Peel $4,900. Ok continue with my story, I asked her how much improvement I can expect from doing MicroLaser peel or TCA. She said she cannot provide me any information about it because everyone's skin is different. I asked her to give me honest opinion based on her experience, she wouldn't not provide it to me. She said that it doesn't matter what she thinks, she said that if I think that they are serious then it would be considered as serious. I also asked how much percentage of TCA would she perform on me if I decide to get it, she said 5-10%. Like is that strong enough? I've done 16% on my own so I don't know why I would let them do it because I already know the result. I also notice she has scars too on her face. She said that she had done Microlaser peel twice and that she use to have scars all over her face. She said that she still need to get 2 more. She also mentioned I that I only have scars on my cheeks and that I have Ice Pick scarring and that they are difficult to treat. Basically I don't know what to do, I feel like she is just there to get paid and not care about other people's skin. I don't understand why some doctors are so unhelpful. She could not provide me any information about Micropeels b/c she does not perfrom it, the doctor there do that. I am not sure wheather to do go for PowerPeel or not b/c she would be the one performing it on me. I asked her if she was experienced, she thought I was insulting her. But I just want to make sure that I was in good hands if I was to have her work on my skin. She said she had over 20 years of experience, which i'm not sure if i should believe. I mean wouldn't she have at least learned to be nice to her patients? She was rude and I could tell she wanted the consultation to be over with. But anyways I left with a brochure she provided for me. I am so sad, because that is why I was afraid of if I went to see a doctor, I'm afraid of the truth. Now I feel like I don't have any hopes anymore. What do you guys think of my visit? Am I asking the right questions because I'm not getting answers from her? What type of questions should I ask? So is she basically telling me that there is no solutions for treating my scars or that the only choice I have are the expensive treatments that I would need to have done more than once? I know this is real long but I am so depressed over this. It ruined my whole day and now I don't know what to think anymore. Plus I stopped taking Accutane as of yesterday. It doesn't help scars. My skin has gotten so dry from taking it.

I really hate this world right now. I hate being me. I think I am dying emotionally and I feel like i'm gonna go crazy.

Colin:

It hasn't been two months yet. I have to stop taking it because it is so drying to my skin and i'm also not peeling from it. I think I should continue with TCA. I know I have to wait. I asked them about how long I should wait and they said 1 week. Is that true? The leftover I can always take it again if I breakout.

electroscars:

When I went to see her today, she made me feel like my scars were horrible. She says she see's all the "pitting" , it made so sad. I have to say she has to know what she is talking about. I mean she has scars herself. She won't lie to me about it. I don't know what to believe anymore. I always said that my scars were bad and now someone agrees with me. I don't think I can live with scars on my face. Is there really a way to treat this? She mentioned doing medium peel which cost like $2,200. I mean what percentage is equivalent to a medium peel? It just sound like so much money for a peel.

mz -

Just because she can see some scars doesn't mean they are bad. She is of course trained to look for them. I understand how you feel. I thought some of my small scars were just large pores until I went to the dermatologist, who told me they were scars. That's when I started becoming too obsessed. Then on my next visit he told me most people wouldn't even notice my scars, which made me feel a little better. It's difficult not to let the words they utter affect us emotionally, but we have to try. Don't jump into anything too quickly out of desperation. If you have small pits, you should look into punch floats or excisions if they really bother you. That's what I'm planning, although I have considered TCA cross too. Anyhow, I just wanted to let you know that doctors are not always sensitive to how much we depend on what they say.

mz,

There are people that would literally kill for your skin. I was watching Lost in HD last night and I noticed in certain lighting that even the highly attractive people on that show have large and scarred pores and even larger noticeable scars worse than yours but again they often have to be hit by the light to see them even on HDTV.

I say screw that medium peel! For $2200 bucks :shock: and I can guarantee it won't fix your icepicks or even scarred pores and has a high chance of scarring you more and causing the orange peel texture everyone mentions. Don't do it! Not once have I scene on this board that medium peels resolve icepicks so that lady is really either clueless or just trying to rob you and jack up your skin doing it. Don't go to the gold digging b***h again.

Don't let your frustration lead you to do something foolish just because a "professional" is recommending it. Sorry MZ but this is the last time I am going to say this: Don't do anything that can damage your good skin, you will regret it ever more! Go for treatments that target the scars like TCA CROSS or punches.

Mz - I wouldn't do that medium depth peel. I'm doing light peels with microdermabrasion and I peeled like crazy so I can only imagine what could happen doing a medium depth peel. I wouldn't jeopardize your skin like that. Your skin does not look bad at all though...I'm serious when I say that! Maybe you just need to give your skin some time to rest.

I really hate this world right now. I hate being me. I think I am dying emotionally and I feel like i'm gonna go crazy.

Colin:

It hasn't been two months yet. I have to stop taking it because it is so drying to my skin and i'm also not peeling from it. I think I should continue with TCA. I know I have to wait. I asked them about how long I should wait and they said 1 week. Is that true? The leftover I can always take it again if I breakout.

electroscars:

When I went to see her today, she made me feel like my scars were horrible. She says she see's all the "pitting" , it made so sad. I have to say she has to know what she is talking about. I mean she has scars herself. She won't lie to me about it. I don't know what to believe anymore. I always said that my scars were bad and now someone agrees with me. I don't think I can live with scars on my face. Is there really a way to treat this? She mentioned doing medium peel which cost like $2,200. I mean what percentage is equivalent to a medium peel? It just sound like so much money for a peel.

HI I haven't been in the mood of posting anything, just lurking around. I am tired of disappointment. I swear I think I might end up doing something invasive. I don't mean now. What do you guys think about Smoothbeam? I read somewhere that laser works well on Asian skin. How much are punch excison? Sorrie but I seriously hate my skin. I don't care if everybody would like my skin because I hate it and I would be happy to give it to them if I could. Will TCA cross and Punches really help with Ice Pick scarring?

Any other treatments offered for Ice Pick scarring?

HI I haven't been in the mood of posting anything, just lurking around. I am tired of disappointment. I swear I think I might end up doing something invasive. I don't mean now. What do you guys think about Smoothbeam? I read somewhere that laser works well on Asian skin. How much are punch excison? Sorrie but I seriously hate my skin. I don't care if everybody would like my skin because I hate it and I would be happy to give it to them if I could. Will TCA cross and Punches really help with Ice Pick scarring?

Any other treatments offered for Ice Pick scarring?

mz, i don't think smoothbeam will do much for ice-pick scarring. The doc that did mine told me it wouldn't help w/ ice picks, but w/ rolling type scars. It didn't help at all.

Punches seem to be the best bet. From searching just this board, I haven't run into anything bad about them. TCA cross is working for me, it's cheap but it is a gamble. it doesn't work for everyone.

I went ahead and spot treated some of my scars with 16% TCA. I only layered it once. Those spots have turned white. I am using Vaseline onitment on them. It usually takes 4-5 days for me to peel.

Lexy: I don't think I will try Smoothbeam. I did some reading and most of them were bad reviews.

Hi everyone, I been using Apeel for a week. I applied it overnight for 3-4 nights. My skin started to peel

like crazy on the third day. Now it is pink color, it does sting when I apply lotions now. I like this better than any other peels i've tried because, I didn't get any downtime. My face did not turn brown either. I did think I would peel alot because I looked normal the whole week but only tight skin. Right now I am just applying lotions. I am going for a laser treatment this friday, it is called Sciton. Has anyone heard of it before? I am going for 10 micron. Let me know your experience with it. It will cost me $200 for the treatment.

Hey, I'm going for a Sciton laser treament tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone had any success with

it or any other laser treatments for scars?

mz, I say don't do it! All you have to do is search this forum for sciton and even reading the first few posts you will see results are not good. Unhappy said they got some more scars and their face looked worst. Don't do it! Your skin is really not bad! I really wish you could see what other people see.

Yeah I am a bit nervous. I did read peoples comments about Sciton. But the post are

not very detailed. Like for Unhappy, I don't know what type of setting he/she got. I am

trying 10 microns to test if my skin can handle it. Would 10 Micron cost scarring?

I hope anyone can answer my questions before tomorrow. But another option I have

is Fraxel. It is expensive though. It cost 1000 per treatment and I need 4 all together.

Does anyone know what is the best setting used for acne scars? I did some reading and I think it is around 15-20. I dont know, now I feel I might try Fraxel instead of Sciton.

I initially wanted to try Fraxel, but it is more expensive so I thought I should try

Sciton first and If I see result I won't have to spent the money on Fraxel.

I think I will talk to my doctors about my concerns of Sciton tomorrow. I also read

somewhere to apply Retina-A before laser treatments? I dont remember if that is

correct or not. Can someone verify that.

Pocket Aces: I'm sorry but I really hate my skin.

mz,

Does it matter what setting unhappy got it at? Lets say it was low, lower settings don't do noticeable jack for scarring, but might still scar you some more. Lets say it was high, it still didn't do anything for unhappy's scarring and caused more scarring. Think about it. It was a lose-lose situation. Considering you have asian skin you are also risking coloration problems. Don't do it.

Also keep in mind that you just were on accutane. Even though you were taking a low dosage, you may succeptable to further damage and improper healing. I think that you need to be more patient. I don't think anyone here likes their skin, thats why their here. BUT its absolutely necessary to be patient. You will get improvement but not by making rash decisions. Please be careful and if I were you, I'd take Collins advice.

OMG I dont know what to do anymore. But I only took accutane for like a month. Its been more than 4 months now. Should I go for Fraxel then or are you saying that all laser treatments are alike? I really want my scars gone. I'm not being impatient, I haven't done anything to it lately, that's why I haven't been on here. But things are the same, so I really need an answer. How many treatments of fraxel do you think I would need? What treatment can I do for Asian skin? Collin, how is your skin now from the silk peel?

mz,

My skin still shows sign of damage from the silk peel but I can't help but think it has gotten better but only slightly. I just don't want you to think the sciton is going to help you and end up in a worse situation which is more likely to happen than any improvements. Here's a question. Has anyone even mentioned your scarring or even looked away from your eyes to other parts of your face while talking to you? If not I would say your scarring is imperceivable and most any treatment aggressive enough to remove your scarring would also have better chances of making your skin either look unnatural or causing more noticeable damage. Any unnatural look would stand out way more than any scarring you have. And this is definitely something you do not want to happen at any cost.

Hey Collin, I just got back from the treatment. It is not bad at all. I'm a bit red and swollen.

I did question her about my concerns but my doctor says I won't get any scarring w/ 10 micron because it is very superfacial. But I have to wait until 24 hrs, until my skin turns normal to tell anything.

I don't know when I can see any results from the treatment.

I really want to see some improvement.

The treatment was not very painful, the esthetician first put numbing cream on me

I waited in the room for half an hour. Afterward she washed off the cream

and applied alcohol on my skin. The doctor used a spray like system on

my face. It was cold. At first it stung alittle bit but the spray helped alot.

I asked her to focus on my scars more. She says she went ahead and did 20 micron

on my scars. She said my skin handled the laser very well. I did not turn red

right away. But after I was finished, my face smell really bad. It is similar to

the smell when you take a lighter and burn your hair. The whole process took like 1-2 hours.

But I seriously dont think I am going to see a dramatic result. I think

my skin is pretty tolerant to the laser. I didn't feel anything when she did 20 micron

on my cheeks. But If this turns out OK, I don't know what step to take next. Should

I stick with the same treatment or increase the setting or go with Fraxel? I talked to her about getting the fraxel just on my cheeks but she told me that the price will be the same as if I got the whole face done.

So I don't know how many treatments I need to see any improvement for Sciton. The doctor recommend

5 treatments of 10 micron for $1000. If it move up the micron, the price will double. I don't want to waste my money if it doesn't help with scars. And if I do decide to go on Fraxel, I have to use Hydroquoine for 6 weeks and it will be more painful than the 10 micron treatment I had today. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or if anyone who's had success with 10 micron

treatments, how many did it take to see improvements?

Collin, to answer your question about my skin. People do notice there is something wrong with

it. But If I apply enough makeup, the scar are not very visible. It might look like I had acne and is

covering it up. My problem is that I want to be able to not wear any makeup and be happy with my look. Like if you are up close, you can see my scarring. Plus my skin has been horrible lately.

I feel like the scars are more noticeable now.