Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mz43026

Scars!!!! need advice

Unfortunately I don't. I am not sure what happens to them over time. I do know that pores can still regrow on skin that gets damaged pretty deep. Supposedly microderm minimizes them but I think this is only a temporary effect.

verini : My skin is dry around my mouth area and It feels real tight like I cant talk. It is not flaking though. In the morning I wash my face with cold water. Apply moistuerizer w/ sunscreen (Vitamin K), Shiseido Cream Foundation. After 20 mins my skin feels extremely dry again. When I come home I wash my skin off with makeup remover, then cleanse my skin with Neutrogena foam cleanser (Blue Bottle). Then I apply Olay Regenerist Serum, I apply Emu Oil over sometimes. I like using Olay Regenerist Serum, it feels good on my skin. Is there any mask that hydrates the skin? I want to listen to beebs advice and order hyaluronic pills if it helps moisteurize skin.

verini: The redness is from doing chemical peels. I never had it before. It is not going away. I think I burned my skin from doing peels b/c it is sensitive around that area. I think it peeled or prematurely and left 2 marks. Is there a way to for the skin to turn back normal?

looking at your recent pics, i think my skin is very similar to yours. I was hesitant to say this at first since the initial pictures of your skin looked too good to be mine!

Anyway, i'm asian too so I can tell you that you're wayyyyy over doing things. YOu really need to lay off all the serums,needles, copper whatever. For skin like ours, heavy stuff like that can make it worse.

stick with a gentle cleanser and water and simple moisturizer, maybe oil-free, around the places where u need it. STICK with this for 2 weeks at least. And avoid the sun at all cost. wear a big hat outside should be fine. If u're really brave, open an umbrella :D

Thanks Lexy, I'm not doing anything harsh to my skin right now. I don't have CP Serum.

no offense to lexy but CP serum, given that it's a big irritant and can breakouts, is probably not a good idea. Her skin looks kinda inflamed from the pics. just my opinion though.

For really indented scars on skin that is not prone to breakout anymore (as post accutane skin would be), I guess CP is more appropriate?

I think it's the cp cream that causes the breakouts. It did for me. :( The serum is different.

I think I should off gotten the cp serum instead of SC2x b/c it is too irritating for my skin. Plus I'm sure serum absorbs better and doesn't leave your skin blue? Sometimes SC2x goes into my pores and form a blackhead. It might be b/c my pores are too large.

hi Shriek, I am doing alright. I started taking ACCUTANE (5 days now). I paid ~$420 for 3 months supply But so far so good. I am not getting any side effects. It feels kindda normal except I get hungry faster. But I am also not doing anything to my skin except moistuerize alot. Skin is dry but it was real dry before Accutane. I hope Accutane will help heal my skin and red marks. But nothing new but I been reading other peoples threads. I feel alittle better now knowing that I won't have to deal w/ anymore acne. How is everything with you? I hope my scars will go away w/ continual use of Accutane. Do you have any suggestions for me while on Accutane?

Hi here is an update on my skin, I went ahead and took some pictures this morning. I think my irritation has gone away but could someone tell me if you see some difference between the previous photos. The picture might not be clear enough b/c I didn't take it out side in the sunlight. I took it the first thing I got up so I did not wash my face and I had lotion on. I was wondering if anyone know what type of scar I have around my mouth, it is on the left side of my face. Is it a boxcar or saucer scar? Does my skin look better? For the irritation I tried putting Emu, JoJoba oil, Salflower oil, and lotion called Utterly Smooth on every night and whenever I am home.

Hi MZ!!!

I do think I'm seeing an improvement from your first photos. The scars are less visible. What treatment that you did seemed the most effective? Was it the needling, microdermabrasion, or tca peel? Overall you skin does look better (just a bit irratated) leave it alone and let it heal for awhile. Good Luck!!!

I think Microdermabrasion helped alittle. I've only done 9 treatments and the machine is not medical grade. I only tried needling a couple of times but I think my individual scars has improved some from it. I wouldn't mind doing either one of them again. What I remember is that when I needled, I was red for awhile. I want to try it again when I'm off school or on vocation. I really want to try Microdermabrasion but it is expensive here in OH. Thats one of the reasons I don't like living here, there aren't enough Spa places around and they charge too much for their treatments. But about TCA, everytime I try it, I'm always left with some hyper pigmenation or a burn on my skin. I still have the burn damage on my left cheek and it hasn't gone away. But my skin is real sensitive now because its gotten kindda thin (from TCA) so It irritates when I put something strong on. Overall I think my skin improved from leaving it alone. I think I should of listen to beebs and others when they advice me to leave my skin alone sooner. I think the reason the scars looked improved is because my skin tone looked better. I've also take Vitamin C and Omega 3 and whitening pill. I eat vegetables, fish, fruits and healthy stuff. I hardly eat any junk food or soda. I don't even think about buying them anymore. I drink water now. I also eat 3 times a day. I use to not eat at all b/c I stress out over my face. But I can't wait for my skin to get better. Life really sucks right now.

MZ I know how you feel!!! My world revolves aroung my skin. I know its not that bad but I want to fix it too, I eat healthy, drink a lot of water and take 9 different types of vitamins a day. My skin overall looks better but the scars are still there. Because of my dieting, I weigh 97 pounds now. I'm 5'2 so it dosn't look bad. I am still doing research and praying for what to do next most likelt TCA CROSS. Antway good luck and leave your skin alone. If you like microdermabrasion, maybe you can order the crystals from ebay and exfoliate with them at home (after your ACCUTANE). Although, why are you taking it again? You don't seem like you need it and I think you should be careful.

I just don't understand this thread.

mz43026, you're skin isn't airbrushed, magazine model perfect but you skin is still very good and no one but you would ever notice such small scarring.

You may want to see a psychiatrist. Insurance should cover it completely.

Hi, Mz, I am also seeing quite a lot of improvement. Congratulations! Today is the 15th day of my accutane course (10 days ahead of yours), and I think accutane is still very effective on me. I indeed see a lot of improvement. 80% of the bumps and whiteheads are gone, skin tone becomes more even and skin looks a lot smoother. I hope after 3 months, my skin will be as good as I expect. What is your dosage? I take 20 mg a day in a single dose with my lunch.

My advice is just refrain from doing anything on your skin except moisturization and always remember that you are now on accutane. I am also considering adding vitamin E, lecithin, milk thistle (and possibly flaxseed oil) to my daily supplement -- wow, that's gonna be a lot of money though. I am experience dry lips, as expected. However, I kind of suspect that accutane might also have increased my depression level, because despite that my skin condition is improving, I feel more depressed. That's really strange. But anyway, it's not the time for me to give up accutane.

All the best!

Shriek: I think I feel more depressed and hungry from taking Accutane but I am not having other side effect. The drug t is not as bad as what everyone been saying it. I am taking 20 mg. so 40 mg a day. Skin is extremely dry I'm keeping everything moist w/ ointment on my face and lips. I do notice having more blackheads on my face expecially my nose. Does your skin peel alot? My skin has not been peeling at all. I read that you are suppose to shed alot of skin. I want to shed so my scar will be less visible.

A-PRO: I don't care what you say but I know what my skin looks like everyday in the mirror. I'm sick of telling ppl. this and no I don't have a problem. Your scars has improved dramatically so congrats but are you still wanting to have more improvements. I wish I could have that much of improvements you have w/ my face. How come it is so much easier to heal more severe scarring than shallow scars like mine?? Sometimes I really wanted to consider Dermabrasion.

Xemina: I weight around 97 lbs and I am shorter than you. I think you are too skinny for you're height. I do have Epidermx at home but it is nothing comparing to Spa Microdermabrasion. But why can't I use it during Accutane? Will it irritate my skin?? My skin is real thin. I am taking it for scars. I read somewhere in this board that it works for shallow scarrings. I want to try it out since I been told not to do anything to my skin. I am not doing anything to my skin but I still feel like I should be doing something to treat my scars so I decided to order Accutane. I was indecisive about it b/c of reading all of the side effects and I guess after I'm done w/ this ,I won't be able to do any treatments to my skin for 6 months or longer. My skin has made me so paranoid and to have a low shelf-esteem. It is affecting my school too. I feel more stressed b/c of my scars and tired alot from thinking about it. I also feel ashamed b/c I have them.

A-PRO: I don't care what you say but I know what my skin looks like everyday in the mirror. I'm sick of telling ppl. this and no I don't have a problem. Your scars has improved dramatically so congrats but are you still wanting to have more improvements. I wish I could have that much of improvements you have w/ my face. How come it is so much easier to heal more severe scarring than shallow scars like mine?? Sometimes I really wanted to consider Dermabrasion.

um...b/c I'm trying to get mine to shallow/superficial (i.e. so there isn't any major indents) scarring and your trying to "eliminate" your scars and any type of treatment on your marks will only yield small results. Heck, I won't ever have skin like yours and I'm ok with that. I see girls all the time at school with skin like yours (and not many have such great skin) and they all have a few acne scars, some even bigger than yours. This is only after seeing them for months though and also since I have acne scars I have an eye for them that others would just not even notice.

It's not like some boy is going to turn you down because of a few marks.

Oh btw: looked back at some of your pictures and you have uber white skin, that's crazy for an Asian...LUCKY! Once you clear up the minor acne your skin will look better than 80% of the people out there.

APRO: I just can't wait for my skin to heal and become normal again. I am just so afraid to have anyone looking at me b/c I feel like they are checking out my skin like I do w/ them. I really wish I don't have to wear anymore makeup. I can not stand it. My skin is not normal looking from other I wish you could see me in person and tell me what you think because I don't know if I should take your word or listen to myself. But how many more Dermabrasion do you still need? I can not believe Dermabrasion give such a good result. I want to get it done b/c it might improve my skin dramatically. I know it is too invasive but I think I would if I had the money. I just want to stop thinking about scars.

Today my skin is extremely extremely dry. Can Accutane cause that? I even put moistuerzier on before and after applying makeup. I don't know if it is the weather causing my skin to dry out or is it Accutane? I could not talk today. Like I literally have to stretch my skin to loosen my skin up and then later it goes back to being dry again. I'm afraid if I keep doing that I might scretch my scars and make it bigger? Can you get stretch mark on your face?? I had on Ointments all night lastnight and my skin is still incredibaly dry. OK if anyone has done Chemical peels before, my skin feels like I am on 3 or 4th day of downtime. It is not peeling or anything just tight.

Hi, MZ.

I think the dryness of your skin comes from the combination of both the weather and accutane, but i think accutane should be the main contributor. it's strange that I never experienced dryness, never even during my first course. I never used a moisturizer. (now i am using one, not for moisturization, but for the HA which i hope can make my skin look supple.) Is it because the humid climate here. i do not know. I only feel dry when I had some bp on my face. Last time i was crazy -- I put a lot of bp all over my face (for no reason?), and my skin was very red for the next few days. I shall never do that again. I now use manuka honey in the night, and use BP to treat occasional isolated zits in the day (very very sparsingly). My skin condition is closely related to my sleeping. If i have a lot of work to do and cannot have sufficient sleep, my skin will look very bad; otherwise it looks ok.

I never experienced any peeling during accutane as well. I also hope to have peeling. sometimes I saw some people whose skin is peeling, and the new skin looked so dramatically different from the old skin. But when i wash my face in the evening, i massage my face very gently, and i can still feel there are quite some dead skin shedding. maybe you can also try that. But always remember to do it very GENTLY and never overdo it.

MZ,

It sounds like you need to calm down and take a breather. Panic mode is not the way to operate when it comes to the skin. I have left my skin alone over the last few weeks and it looks better. Your skin will not stretch and cause your scars to widen. At least you can wear make up (not an option really for us guys). If you have icepicks dermabrasion will not resolve the problem because it will only make them wider. Icepicks need to be punched and closed up or TCA CROSSed. Your skin problems can be fixed because you really don't have any wide boxcars, and rolling scars which are more difficult to treat. Doing full face dermabrasion will only put your good skin at risk for larger pores, more scars, and pigment problems which would be much more noticeable and require makeup 100% of time. Any doctor willing to do dermabrasion on your skin would not be in his right mind to start with.

Colin

hey Colin, I am not getting Dermabrasion, I'm just impressed w/ A-PRO's results. What I mean to say is that I don't have money to spent on any treatments but If I did I would try anything to correct my face. I ve been leaving my skin alone and I also moistuerizing alot, but my skin is still real dry.

Update: My skin has peeled alot yesterday and today. Is it normal whenever you peel skin off,

scars look more noticeable. I and finding scars that I never thought existed. I don't like the way

my skin looks today, the scars look real noticeable. They make my face look old or wrinklily. Even though i'm peeling, skin is still dry. Does it mean that I have more dead skin? I like the fact that my skin is peeling but now looking at myself in the mirror, I feel like my scars are looks pretty deep.

Update: My skin has peeled alot yesterday and today. Is it normal whenever you peel skin off,

scars look more noticeable. I and finding scars that I never thought existed. I don't like the way

my skin looks today, the scars look real noticeable. They make my face look old or wrinklily. Even though i'm peeling, skin is still dry. Does it mean that I have more dead skin? I like the fact that my skin is peeling but now looking at myself in the mirror, I feel like my scars are looks pretty deep.

I dont think the pictures of your skin look bad at all but u see your face everyday and if u dont like your skin fix it. I would probably try to save enough money to get some fraxel treatments done once your through with accutane. Why r u on accutane r u still breaking out cause I didnt really see any pimples. I am on accutane and have not had any side effects except dry lips. U should put some kinda lotion on to avoid having your face flakey. I use the University Medical scar eraser its supposed to raise the scars by building collagen underneath them. Its a cream u rub in and a sunblock lotion that u put on afterwarde morning and night. It keeps my skin looking real nice. It hasnt flaked yet and I really havent had too many zits from the first time I used it. I am in month three which my doctor said will probably be my last month. My acne was not very major at all but being 23 I want to put that shit behind me for good. Anyway dont do anything that could cause more harm to your skinn cause u would hate yourself if u did. JMO I hope u have good luck and get rid of the minor scarring u have.

Peace

"Overall I think my skin improved from leaving it alone. "

MZ, look at what you said. You are so young and your skin cells turn over monthly, your collagen production is still going strong. I know that we are our own worst critics but I think if you continue with the "less is more" approach, you will continue to see improvement in your skin. Good luck!

I don't like doing anything harsh anymore. Less is more approach sounds good right now. Every morning I wash my face w/ diposable cloth and then apply Olay regenerist and after it drys, I smooth on Vaseline ointment. It has helped with over dryness the best so far. I don't worry about the breakout because I am on Accutane. So far no bad side effects except feeling hungry every morning I wake up. I also take vitamin C and Omega along with Accutane. I really hope my scars will fill up but it is kindda hard b/c they are ice pick scars. Plus most of them are still red. But putting on ointment has helped alot w/ irritation. At first it was so annoying putting something sticky like ointment on my face but i am use to it now and kind of like it.

My skin doesn't get flaky, it just feels real tight. I am taking it for scars. Yes I want treatments but I need to save up some money but I'm hoping that Accutane would help.

I don't like doing anything harsh anymore. Less is more approach sounds good right now. Every morning I wash my face w/ diposable cloth and then apply Olay regenerist and after it drys, I smooth on Vaseline ointment. It has helped with over dryness the best so far. I don't worry about the breakout because I am on Accutane. So far no bad side effects except feeling hungry every morning I wake up. I also take vitamin C and Omega along with Accutane. I really hope my scars will fill up but it is kindda hard b/c they are ice pick scars. Plus most of them are still red. But putting on ointment has helped alot w/ irritation. At first it was so annoying putting something sticky like ointment on my face but i am use to it now and kind of like it.

My skin doesn't get flaky, it just feels real tight. I am taking it for scars. Yes I want treatments but I need to save up some money but I'm hoping that Accutane would help.

Hi, Mz, do you have initial breakout? I am now undergoing a mild initial breakout. it's mild, but yet driving me mad. I feel so depressed now... Looking at my skin in the mirror, i really couldn't believe i am now looking so odd and freaky. I have a lot of VERY big pores near and on my nose. Your situation is much better than mine now... your skin looks smooth and supple. hope you are doing fine all the way through accutane.

Hey I got like 2 small cyst acne as initial breakout but it is gone now. I also have one on my neck and it is going away slowly. Try not to look in the mirror too much. I felt depressed yesterday, I thought my scars was worse. I peeled alittle but I look at myself today and things are back to normal. I think Accutane makes us more depressed. I am more emotional sometimes. Don't be depressed and I hope everything works out for you too. We sound like we're in the same situation so we can help each other out. I think you should use moistuerizer so you won't scar from initial breakout. I believe it helps with healing too or at least for me. I prefer ointments b/c it sticks on to the skin unlike oil being slippery/greasy. Try not to do anything to your skin either (like me). I can tell my skin now is more sensitive and thin from Accutane. When I wash my face, I use cold water. You should take pictures and compare, maybe it is not as bad as you think. Also everyone on this board can help you out and they can tell whether u have improvements or not b/c we see ourself everyday and we don't really know. I think it helps, everyone remind alot of times not to panic or restrain me from doing something stupid. I use to panic so badly and whenever I do, I would go to the bathroom and do peels. I was somewhat alittle addicted to it. I thought if I did peels, It would be helping my skin. But now I realized I might of damaged it from doing so many peels. But good luck, I wish everyone on this board could be happy. Keep me updated too.

Ok update. I took some pictures. My skin is little red from applying sunblock. But you can tell my scars are little more visible from peeling. Has my skin tone improved?? How about the scars and redness?? Please feel free to tell me what you think.

those are the pictures??

where are the real ones?'

ur skin is absolutely clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!