Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mz43026

Scars!!!! need advice

I took some pictures of myself today w/ my phone. It took lot of courgage b/c I don't like showing everyone my pictures but I really need some advice. I can't stand my scars. I've done SA (30%) & Glycolic peels (50% first time doing the peel, it burned me and left a small scar) before and It is not helping much. Last week I did TCA 12.5% but same result. Overall I like SA peel the best b/c it did smooth my skin. Right now I've started using AHA enhanced lotion again (first two times got rash from it) and I'm hoping that it will help improve my overall appearance. This time w/ AHA I only use pea size so I'm not irritating the skin. Could someone plz help me w/ my scars.

I really had to look hard to see any scarring, i did notice a few very small indents on your right cheek, but do realise you are pointing a camera at very close range to the area.

A normal person would not notice any scarring at all on your face. Be careful with being too obsessive about your skin, it may turn out worse then it looks now. You look fine.

Hi everyone, I have to say that I am really obsessed with my skin. I can't stop reading all of the threads. My sister tells me its bad for me. But I think this forum has helped me alot and I learned more. Before I didn't know anything about skin problems and how to take care of it. If I found this site sooner I wouldn't have to deal with scars. I would know how to treat my acne properly. I looked @ everybody's picture just to see if they have scars similar to mine. But I have to say, it is bothering me. I broke out real bad a yr and half ago. That's how I got all of the scars. I don't want to look like this forever. What should I do? Should I try doing light peels when I have the time? Has anyone heard of "Magic Cream"? It is made in Saudi Arabia. I just ordered it along with some whitening soap (payapa). I read in some thread about how it help scars too. It is really depressing to know that I have scars. I am not as confident as I was. Do you think that my scars will go away in time? Sorry I don't have better camera and I'm not planning to buy one either.

If my scars are a small problem howcome I cannot fix it? My sister scared me by telling me not to worry about it now and wait until I'm older and have plastic surgery. I don't want to wait that long and are they that bad?? Right now my regime is:

Morning:

wash my face w/ nuetregena cream cleanser for sensitive skin

put makeup on for school

Night:

wash my skin

put AHA enhanced lotion to sleep

girl ur scars look kinda like mine. but your overall complexon looks hella better than me . i think ur sister is right. dont even worry about it. your going to have to accept that you now have scars, and dont struggle with seeing if you do or dont and damage your skin... now all you have to do is RELAX because you have scars, but you are still very beautiful and those scars are nothing compared to many people. mine are much worse... once u can calm down its ok there just scars * know u dont want to hear that but i been where you are * and just relax.... start to feel normal again w/out the scars ruling your life. if u see a cute guy, go ahead and hit on him because ur beautiful the way you are. then once you have calmed down. calmly decide how much your willing to spend. what kinds of risks you wanna take and see if you want to treat the scars. your scars r so minor it probably isnt worth the risk of doing more damage to your face. what percetn SA peel are you using ? your skin looks fabulous , id like to get the same thing.. anyway i was like you obsessed wit my scars for a year and i made my problem a whole lot worse. i have finally accepted it and now i think i look ok. of course i still search for a cure for them, but im not freaking out getting panic attacks and checking the mirror every five minutes any more . i highly doubt that someone else can see those scars even if there talking to u face to face unless they are 2 " from your face. and yes they might fill in. just relax. my freind had a big scar in his arm like a huge scar from being stabbed with a stick it was like 2" DEEP and huge. and the derm told him it would take 15 years to fill in. your scarsw are muhc more shallow than that and i think all these peels your doing over time would probably eleminate the problem . anyway please do tell me where u bought your peel and what to expect etc.... im seroiusly contemplating buying a peel for my scars as well. luv ya lots n take care *HUGS*

Hello,

Narko: I seldom use moisuriser b/c I break out from it. Sometimes I would use Sea&Ski spf 45 before makeup but it makes my skin feel tight. I use sunblock after I do peels though.

acnescargirl smile.gif. I am trying to be more relax now. I don't want to feel sad anymore. Most of the time I feel like a burden to my family. My parents worry alot about me because they know I love to be pretty. Sometimes I can't help myself but cry my eyes out. I don't want them to worry anymore. I really want my scars to fill in. I just hear lot of mix answers that scars would fill in eventually and some say they won't. What is the answer???? To answer your Q about SA acid. I bought mine from gycolicsolution.com but I just checked now for the site and its gone. I don't know why but I ordered it like 3 months ago. I think if you purchase SA from any well known site will be the same. Two weeks ago I ordered 12.5% TCA from makeupartist.com and only tried it once. It kindda made my skin red but I do have sensitive skin. I think you should try SA aicd b/c it made my skin real smooth and my skin wasn't red (more light pink). Sometimes if you try high precentage peel, you can get hyperpigmentation like it did w/ me when I tried 50% glycolic peel for the first time. I think I got it from Ebay but I learned my lesson. I hope I answer your question. Before I created this thread, I wondered if anyone has the same problem as me but thanks lot for your message and I wish the best for us & everyone else w/ same problem eusa_angel.gif.

I really need an answer. I don't know if this is normal or not but when I stretch my skin, I see lot of wrinkly lines on my face (They are uneven). I have done peels before, but does it mean that my skin is not competely healed yet and that there should be another layer ontop of that skin? I don't know but everytime when I do peels, I realized that the scars are more noticeable but after a week it gets better. Maybe I'm not allowing my skin to grow/heal? Can someone help me w/ this?

I would die to have skin that gorgous (those teeny tiny scars and all) they are barely noticeable, i seriously wouldnt worry about it.

Seing pics like this makes me sad.... sad.gif for the fact that my skin is like 1000 times worse....if you saw my scars girl, you'd wanna kill yourself.

Honestly, enjoy the gorgeous skin you have.

I took some pictures of myself today w/ my phone.  It took lot of courgage b/c I don't like showing everyone my pictures but I really need some advice.  I can't stand my scars.  I've done SA (30%) & Glycolic peels (50% first time doing the peel, it burned me and left a small scar) before and It is not helping much.  Last week I did TCA 12.5% but same result.  Overall I like SA peel the best b/c it did smooth my skin.  Right now I've started using AHA enhanced lotion again (first two times got rash from it) and I'm hoping that it will help improve my overall appearance.  This time w/ AHA I only use pea size so I'm not irritating the skin.   Could someone plz help me w/ my scars.

mz--your scars are similar to mine except mine are probably a little bit worse. i understand how you feel because i grew up in my family being the "pretty one". then i hit my early twenties and developed acne that has ranged from mild to fairly severe. after ten years of it, i have small indents and red marks all over my face. and i STILL have acne, so i'm constantly worried that it's going to get worse.

being told you are pretty from childhood has both its benefits and also its pressures doesn't it? now that i am 30, i'm coming to terms with how it has affected me. how i used to feel insecure if i wasn't wearing make up or wearing an outfit i liked or looking my best. i used to have perfect skin, and now it's a constant struggle. i feel depressed sometimes. but here is one thing that has helped me: STOP thinking perfect skin = beauty!!! it doesn't!! a person who is confident and positive and smiling with acne scars or other kinds of scars on her face can be much more beautiful and alluring than a person with perfect skin who is boring or dour or shallow. you may think it's an empty statement to say that flaws add character, but they DO. i was in a play once with a girl who had a ton of acne scars on her cheeks from a really bad breakout a couple years ago. her scars were much worse than mine. but all the guys in the cast wanted her because she had huge blue eyes and a beautiful smile and was so charming that you couldn't help but like her. yes, you noticed her scars right away when you met her. but it took ten seconds to see past them. truly.

my advice (and sorry this got so long, it just your post hit me personally). don't spend any more money on trying to get rid of the scars just yet. just try to stop crying and start smiling more and working on not being so dependent on perfect skin for happiness. believe me when i say that your skin imperfections are VERY VERY minimal. think of each scar as something that keeps you from depending on the shallowness of perfect skin to feel confident. make your confidence come from something deeper and stronger. this has really helped me.

there is nothing wrong with your skin. you have 0 pimples and no scars.

not to be mean but please put in perspective your skin with relation to other people who post on this website. i'm telling you, if our skin was even close to yours we'd all be extremely happy.

jesus,

~Poi

Hi everyone, I have to say that I am really obsessed with my skin.  I can't stop reading all of the threads.  My sister tells me its bad for me.  But I think this forum has helped me alot and I learned more.  Before I didn't know anything about skin problems and how to take care of it.  If I found this site sooner I wouldn't have to deal with scars. I would know how to treat my acne properly.  I looked @ everybody's picture just to see if they have scars similar to mine.  But I have to say, it is bothering me.  I broke out real bad a yr and half ago.  That's how I got all of the scars.  I don't want to look like this forever.  What should I do?  Should I try doing light peels when I have the time?  Has anyone heard of "Magic Cream"?  It is made in Saudi Arabia.  I just ordered it along with some whitening soap (payapa).  I read in some thread about how it help scars too.  It is really depressing to know that I have scars.  I am not as confident as I was.  Do you think that my scars will go away in time?  Sorry I don't have better camera and I'm not planning to buy one either.

beebs: your post really hit me. We are very similar. I thought I was writing that about myself.

I don't want to be shallow but I am really hurting from this. I don't come on here to complain or show off my pictures. I truly need help. I guess everyone is telling me that is its ok but to me it is not good enough. I'm at a point where I'm struggling w/ school b/c all I think about is solving this problem. My mom is worried alot about me b/c I haven't been telling her things. But I will be going on a vocation to get my mind off of things. I think lot has to do w/ stress. I feel like I cannot relax b/c of school. With school, I constantly worry about the way I look. I just want time to cure/heal or go someplace where no one knows me and just relax.

Here are two pic. of me when I didn't have to deal w/ ne acne/scars. I didn't wear ne makeup. Now I do whenever I go out. I hate it!!!!! But looking at my photos I've realized I look lot older now and it's all from obssesing about this problem. It is also funny cause I use to think I look bad but now I would kill to look like that again. I know, I shouldn't look back but I hope things will get better for me. Right now I am really ashamed of what I've become and I want to feel better about myself again. I'm going to China so I'm gonna do lots of shopping and my mom will be taking care of me. Thanks again for replying my thread. I hope I won't be feeling this way when I come back and make a fresh start or finally have a success to my struggling.

what exactly is Punch elevation? Do you make a hole on the scars and wait for them to heal? I'm not familar with it but I heard it works from reading threads. I tried home microdermabrasion but I don't like how it makes my skin red and all irritated. My skin is extremely sensitive. Like I stopped using AHA lotion again. At frist I thought I was putting on too much of it but this time I'm only used pea size at night but it is still too harsh.

Does anyone use any Essential Oils and is it helping?

I really want to find something that is non-irritant and will help improve my skin and look more healthy. I cannot use any acidic products. It stings too bad. I think it is b/c my skin is not healthy enough to use

them yet.

The reason I asked the question is b/c last week I went to health store and I bought some Emu & Jojoba oils. I am also taking FlaxSeed Oil w/ Omega 3 for three days now. What do you think?? Are they good for me or I'm dong more damage??