Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys im very similar to dan i only get breakouts mainly on the lower part of my face around my nose under my mouth etc.. cheeks and forehead are mainly clear i have an oily tzone and the rest is kind of dry/sensitive im wondering if you guys could help suggest a good facial cleanser, toner and moisturizer for me to start my new regimen im going to be using dan's neutrogena on the spot acne treatment with BP 2.5% also i have some red/brown marks very few and faint but still annoys me and some skin colour discolouration from when i was on accutane a few years back my acne is now very mild but still discourages me any suggestions? thanks for your comments and advice please

-Kyle

I have dry/sensitive skin and use cetaphil gentle cleanser...as for a good moisturiser they are strangely hard to find for any money...cetaphil produce one which would be ok, I use one made by avene, neutogena pore refining cream is not bad. Toners are redundant - they were only ever mean't to help clean away the remnants of a cold cream type cleanser but if you are using wash cleanser then there is no residue. Some people still insist on using toners but they tend to be people with very oily skin who appreciate a bit of a dry out. You've got dry skin so don't need one...if you feel you must buy one make sure it is alcohol free. Vita K for blotchy skin is what everyone is using for acne marks and I believe you can use it instead of a moisturiser.

That is my 2c hope it helps.

I would use the purpose gentle cleansing bar --its the best soap ive found out there, cetaphil is good too but i felt like it wasnt totally cleaning my face as well as the purpose. Hmm, I only use toner because it makes makeup look better--but neutrogena gentle toner is very good--it has no alcohol which can burn/irritate ur skin. as for moisturizer i just use vita K solution--its fabulous and fades red marks!

I use neutrogena on the spot and a cleanser by reversion www.reversion.com, no toner, and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion for Delicate Skin. I basically have the same skin type as you. this is whats helped me the most. ive tried alot of OTC things and ive tried proactiv. but i must warn you that you may at first get an intial breakout with the reversion cleanser, but after its been great for me.