Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Although I'm not aware of anything that definitively proves that stress causes acne, I think based purely on people's experiences, stress may contribute to breakouts.

Some people believe that stress affects our hormones, and that might be a reason it could be aggravating our acne. Others believe that we don't eat well when stressed, and that this has a negative impact on our skin. Maybe there is something to these, I'm not sure.

But personally, I think that it is simply because when our lives are stressful, we are less likely to take the time to care for ourselves and our bodies. Whether what we do is causing acne tends to be the last thing on our minds. I think we touch our faces more when we're upset, wipe them with harsh tissues when we cry or rest our faces in our hands when studying for exams. When we're agitated, maybe we wash more roughly than we should. But, this is obviously just speculation on my part and just my opinion.

Maybe someone else will have some input on this...