Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hikari128

Finally got Accutane!

OK, so I'm on Amnesteem, 20mg, once a day. My derm wants to start low so I don't get all sick and what not.

I'm 5'4", 120 lbs. Had acne for 7 years, cystic acne for 4 years. Time to get rid of this damn crap!

I'm planning to get some Burt's Bees products since my sister absolutely adores their stuff... And right now I'm washing my face with Kanebo Makeup Removing Face Wash (Japanese brand) because it helps REALLY remove all makeup from my skin. Using Clean and Clear black head removing toner, and just Dove facial lotion.

I took the first pill with my dinner.. and I'm looking forward to the next couple months.

I'm hoping I'll clear by June-July because I'm going to NY to visit some friends i havent seen in a while. eusa_dance.gif

So.. wish me luck and any helpful tips are appreciated!

I AM NOW ON 60MG....

SKIN IS NOT REALLY IMPROVING...

JUST HELLA DRY.....

SHIT.

its been three days.. nothing happened so far.. just a few pimples.. but thats normal..

hrmm... maybe in another week or so im gonna start feeling the side effects.. =_=^

well, i think my dosage is pretty low anyway.. so we'll see what happens..^^

i just got prescribed 20mg for 30 days of accutane, but i haven't started yet ... my doctor just wanted to see if i'll get a reaction to it. and if all is well, she's going to up my dosage gradually.

good luck with your medication. just remember to moisturize a lot, eat a lot of fruits and veggies to protect your liver, and drink LOTS of water daily. and most importantly, PRAY.

heck ya that's tiger jk. =) i love him love him LOVE HIM.

how much did you pay for your accutane? my dad won't get it for me till i can find one that is the cheapest of all that i can find.

ten bucks. i was supposed to be on Sotret, but that would have costed me 245$ per month. Yeck~

UPDATE

This sucks ass... I don't know it its because its my time of month, or because I started Yasmine 4 days ago... or if this is the initial break out.

I am BREAKING OUT. I usually get very few pimples.. Theyre just painful nodular types...And I would only get 3 or 4 at the most.. I rarely get regular pimples...

Now.. I've got pimples on my chin, cheeks, jawline, and throat. WHAT!? And I'm even breaking out on my CHEST, which has NEVER happened before!

My skin is still oily, just my hands and lips are dry. BOO..

^ its actually not that bad.. I only have like one or two in each area... but that's subsided... i only have one on my chin left.

Hey, I was just wondering, was it hard to talk your doctor into giving you accutane? I am going to try and see a derm about my skin, but am worried that he is going to give me the run around and give me something else and just waste my time and money. I JUST WANT CLEAR SKIN!! Is this too much to ask! eusa_wall.gif

brunette,

first off, what type of acne do you have? They prescribe it to every type, but mainly to severe or cystic. If you have mild/moderate acne, you must exhaust all other options before the derm even thinks about accutane. I have used tetracycline, minacycline, retin-amicro, retin-a, differin, bp, clindamycin, and still have yet to been prescribed accutane. Of course my acne is mild. Good luck on getting prescribed accutane, but its not just the miracle treatment either. A lot of people's zits re-surface a year or two after the treatment in a less severe form.

brunette,

my first visit to my new derm, she just immediately gave me the accutane. i personally think because she was very insensitive and not very interested in my face...

i told her i tried tons of topicals and anti-biotics are a nono for me (i had to use a lot of anti-biotics as a child due to a poisonous spider bite).

my main problem is not the acne. its the scars and red marks from previous acne. i do get a few nodular acne here and there, and my skin is oily, but she gave me the accutane anyway. no topicals either. i think maybe the cysts cause the scars... so maybe she was right to give it to me so quickly.

ah well... it would be nice not to have acne and not to have an oily face though. so i'm glad for that reason. it just bugs me how i have to wait 6 months before i can do anything about scars after accutane.

F**K!

I'm starting to experience the dry annoying flaky skin. And the sun sensitivity. it's been quite hot in the Bay Area this weekend and i think i got sunburned.. either that or my skin is just dry and red and stingy...

BAH... I hate it. moisturizing like crazy.. using Aquaphor on lips... getting mild headaches...

breaking out. not liking that at all. i guess i have to wait a couple months before i start seeing results, right?

DAMN.

getting pissed off with accutane...................... grrr.. this crap better be worth it. birth control pills + blood tests + doctor visits + accutane.. not f*ing cheap.

brunette,

my first visit to my new derm, she just immediately gave me the accutane. i personally think because she was very insensitive and not very interested in my face...

i told her i tried tons of topicals and anti-biotics are a nono for me (i had to use a lot of anti-biotics as a child due to a poisonous spider bite).

my main problem is not the acne. its the scars and red marks from previous acne. i do get a few nodular acne here and there, and my skin is oily, but she gave me the accutane anyway. no topicals either. i think maybe the cysts cause the scars... so maybe she was right to give it to me so quickly.

ah well... it would be nice not to have acne and not to have an oily face though. so i'm glad for that reason. it just bugs me how i have to wait 6 months before i can do anything about scars after accutane.

stan > I didn't exhaust all the treatments before getting prescribed accutane. I have 5 whiteheads at most at any time. But when I went to visit a derm I already had 3 cysts, so I don't know what prompted him to prescribe it for me.

lol no need to make it worse haha.

and hikari, ur really pretty. cheer up. im sure u'll clear up.

have u tried b5 b4?

himmm naehhh, also pray about it if u belive in God.

gidoh..it never fails.

toodles~

Talked to Dr. Y last night and he said to wait 6 months after taking Accutane before having procedures done, such as dermabrasion. So scratch what I said about waiting a full year.

^ hahah~ awesome! xD

my skin isnt really.. improving... just not oily.. which im happy about.. but im lazy and hate putting lotion on my whole body.......... but if i dont i itch. =_=^

lips are getting REALLY chapped even though im using aquaphor. bOo.

no oil = no new breakouts right? so like u cant go negative but juss positive right?

touch ur face = oil

and strawberry lip balm is awesome.

.. my derm checked the "do not substitute" box again... arGGhhHhhhh...

i'm up on 40mg but i cant get my freaking pills till monday.

girls, if you're not "active" do you HAVE to take birth control pills? quite honestly, i dont feel like paying 30-40 bucks for pills that i don't need.

can't i just NOT take them?

anyways... i was looking at my skin.. and realized how many scars i have.. =_= sigh~ even if i do clear up.. these scars are going to make it look like i still have acne or some crap! BOO...

skin is not clearing. i still have acne here and there. and i know im gonna break out like crazy once i start taking the 40 mg pills... *SIGH*

girls, if you're not "active" do you HAVE to take birth control pills? quite honestly, i dont feel like paying 30-40 bucks for pills that i don't need.

anyways... i was looking at my skin.. and realized how many scars i have.. =_= sigh~ even if i do clear up.. these scars are going to make it look like i still have acne or some crap! BOO...

skin is not clearing. i still have acne here and there. and i know im gonna break out like crazy once i start taking the 40 mg pills... *SIGH*

dudeeeee, so u couldnt get the generic brand of accutane? dont tell me u paid 100+ for accutane..wow.

why dont u ask ur derm why she checks the box lol, im interested too.

Is there such a thing as "generic" birth control pills? freaking Yasmin is like 40 bucks a month!

Anyways.......... Scars scars scars... I'm naturally very pale (so much that my friends call me Vampire) and now I look like I haven't seen sunlight in all my life. So my scars are standing out much more =_=^

Breaking out like crazzzyyy.. I haven't taken an Accutane pill since Wednesday. I got my prescription on Friday but the pharmacy didn't have the generic brand (Thank God for the nice lady who said she'd make a call so I can get generic instead) so I'm waiting till they call me so I can pick it up.

DOCTORS ARE EVIL! Well, mine is anyway. She's seems sort of stuck up. I mean, she's nice, but I'm not sure if that's a real nice.

Grrr....

Anywhoo... My mom is already planning all these skin care treatments once I get off Accutane and wait 6 months. she claims Korea has good skin care spas.