Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rzwen

Can this Gel change skin's qualities?

I used the gel for approximately 3 weeks before quitting. Following the Regimen, I used large amounts of the gel. I quit after 3 weeks as I was paranoid of the massive amounts of BP. Anyways, now, a month or so after I quit, my skin is incredibly oily. During the day, it becomes super bright, oily, and almost wet. It's very gross. It was never like this before I started the Regimen. Furthermore, my skin feels "tighter" now. Not nearly as relaxed as before...

Did this BP Gel do something to my skin?

So you've quit for a month and it's still affecting you?

Thats pretty odd. I think it only took a week for all traces of any of the BP to be out of my skin.

Are you using any new products or doing anything else different then you did before going on the BP? I'd suspect that as a culprit myself....

I suppose the dryness from the BP (especially if you weren't using enough moisturizer) could have kicked your oil glands into a higher gear, but I'd think they would have settled a bit after 1 month off of it...

Yes, it's weird. And it has me worried. This is also why I don't want to continue the Regimen for fear of how it can affect my skin...

As for me, I've been using BP of one kind or another for more than 10 years and right now my skin looks good! Not too oily either, although I have gone through periods where it was oily.