Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnjoz

sociology hw someone wanna help?

im having a hard time finding more reason than i have could someone help me with these questions i need more then i have and i cant elabrorate any further.

it has to do with like first world corporations like nike opening factories in like poor countries like china n shit

What are some of the benefits for the corporations who set up shops in developing countries and for the workers who labour for them?

What are some of the drawbacks for the corporations who set up these shops and for the workers?

im having a hard time finding more reason than i have could someone help me with these questions i need more then i have and i cant elabrorate any further.

it has to do with like first world corporations like nike opening factories in like poor countries like china n shit

What are some of the benefits for the corporations who set up shops in developing countries and for the workers who labour for them?

What are some of the drawbacks for the corporations who set up these shops and for the workers?

One drawback would be finding adequate management and quality control when using an off-site manufacturer. Another would be the social stigmatization the company may face from socially conscience consumers (thereby leading to a lowering gross sales). For the workers, mandatory overtime (usually uncompensated), poor wages, no health care, forced retirement when manual dexterity and small motor skills decrease.

lol, think we may have had the same teacher! Did you watch the whole film?

Um, so this is a friend and "naoya_socol" asked if I had anything to add.... so here're some sort of starts/prompts that might help you (I hope!) think of more details ....I'm sure you've got stuff to say.....I'm afraid I've not got too much to add to what other folks have said -- hope it all goes ok......and best wishes!

company benefits:

cheap labor, not having to follow other "rules" they would in the States beyond minimum wage stuff -- think about what folks would have in the U.S./companies would have to do for their workers and what probably wouldn't have to be done in some other countries

Distance factor -- what doesn't the company experience b/c of this?

Benefits from folks in the other country beyond those given by workers -- Who would this be?

With money saved, what could they do? for whom?

worker benefits: what they do get from the company beyond wages and stuff.....

what they might learn -- about their job, from their job for later, about things outside their job by extension

Company disadvantages: less supervisory from the "head-type" company/central -- what coudl the workers do/learn despite the potential bad conditions/need for job, etc.

along with social stigma from "socially conscious consumers," there's the more "Made in America" folks and other more conservative reactions and the government -- what would their reaction be?

Worker disadvantages: what are they missing besides advantages that we would expect in the U.S....what do they not experience/learn, what do they exper., etc.

How are other folks who mean stuff to them effected....?

How are future workers effected?

I read somewhere that when manufacturers from the western countries do move their production to 3rd world countries they actually pay the workers better than local manufacturers. I have no source for it and I do not remember where I read it but if you do a search I'm sure something will come up.

Also, what does this have to do with sociology? Sounds more like an economics assignment to me.

hey i just did an essay in geography A level (UK) on transnational corporations and benefits and problems for LEDCS, do u want it?

give me ur email ill send it u eusa_dance.gif

as it is for sociology, i expect the work must relate to macro socio/economic factors, rather then business issues

positives and negatives, it really depends.

E.g. HSBC (banks) moved it's call centres to India. HSBC are able to get better qualified workers then in England and pay less, ***** the wage these Indian call workers earn is more then twice of an indian DOCTOR! But outside the call centre there are hundreds of homeless people...

If you refer to Sweatshops, there is little human rights in many countries, so workers can be exploited. Sweatshops have a bad image, I near Nikes sales dropped 40% overnight when it hit the headlines. Therefore a very important factor of sales in recent years has been 'social responsibility'. If you look at 'the body shop', it has a good image as it has fair trade relations.

Though the workers are being exploited, the economy does benefit from these corporations, which is why these governments continue to have no worker rights to make investment attractive and carefree for the corps.

i hear at one time macdonalds paid vietnemese workers 7cents or something ridiculous like that and hour to make the happy meal toys.

over half of the top money making ecnonomies in the world are businesses, not countries. Governments rely on foreign investment. Once a developing country becomes too rich and wages become high, the corporations can simply move their factories next door to the other poor countries.

This is why all your toys and shoes etc are made in asia etc.

pm me if you wanna know more, as I am studying this.

polka

The big disadvantage would be that giant corporations like nike are actually taking employment out of the countries in which they expect to sell their product theoretically making the economy weaker

There are twice as many corporations in the u.s that do this compared to the u.k hence why there is roughly 1.6$ to every £pound

wow if I just copied someone's ideas in my paper, I'd be expelled

No one in my school has gotten away with plagiarizing (sp?) NO ONE!

Even if you change the words, teachers know how you think