Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kathryn

ice picks/ large pores

OK a few months back i remember seeing a product that you applied before foundation kind of like a primer i guess, that claimed to fill in shallow scarring and large pores to create a smoother more even base for you to apply make up.

now if anyone knows of this product/ one like it can u plz tell me. cause this is gonna bug me forever. i just cant remeber what it was.

i was sure it was in the philosophy range but i just looked on hqhair.com and there isn't a product on there under philosophy that is like the product i am thinking of.

Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Avena Sativa (Oat)Kernel Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract Water (Aqua), Sorbitol, Polysorbate-20, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate, Bisabolol, , Algin, Sodium PCA, Wheat Amino Acids, Symphytum Officinale Extract, Panthenol, Hydroxyproline, Phospholipids, Butylene Glycol, Cholesterol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Thiamine Nitrate, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Phytonadione, Polysorbate-80, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum, Hydrolyzed Casein, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethoxydiglycol, Folic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Retinol, Humulus Lupulus (Hops)Extract, Allantoin, Boric Acid, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Inositol, Niacinamide, Thiamine HCL, Colloidal Sulfur, Pyridoxine HCL, Biotin, Methionine, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Oil, Disodium EDTA.

hmmmmm it was a lot of ingredients but as ive put in bold seems quite natural

hmm yeah i got bored of putting in bold. but what do u guys think? make us break out or what? eusa_think.gif

i know tell me about it if it works what the hell!

ok i just found it on www.dermstore.com (american if u didn't know) for $36.00

(Hey, I'm a "kathryn" too! eusa_dance.gif )

Sometimes makeup/foundation primers can help, and sometimes they can make the problem worse with pore-clogging ingredients. So the pores you're trying to hide can get gunked up and blow up with zits. The ingredients sometimes contain a lot of parabens and silicones that are irritating and comedogenic for some people.

I would say that if you can find a makeup that blends well enough and has good enough coverage to fill in larger pores and lessen the appearance of shallow scarring, forget the primers. I tended to find that primers made my makeup almost dissolve on my face much quicker, oddly enough. Now I just use some essential oil serums and moisturizer--basic natural skincare--let it absorb, and then do my makeup. My makeup seems to stay put better without any kind of silicone-based primer, and my coverage is better. It also seems like with the right moisturizer, my face looks more hydrated and not all dried out, and that shows even after my makeup is on. My minerals just meld better with my skin when I don't use a primer. It might just be me, though. lol.gif

I have heard good things about a product called Line Eraser by Pure Luxe Cosmetics, which people are using to conceal undereye lines and fill in large pores. It has a creamy consistency and while it's not all minerals, its ingredients don't seem to be a problem for most that have used it and offered reviews of it.

Probably a medium to heavy coverage mineral foundation could fill in your pores and add a nice soft-focus look that will minimize any scarring (and I have much to hide, so I've tested a lot of mineral foundations! )

Some of the better mineral foundations out there I have tried:

MeLange Cosmetics (I love this foundation. I get medium to heavy coverage with one layer, and it always looks natural)

BareFaced Minerals (there are several formulas, including one that is heavier coverage, called XC, I believe)

Cory Cosmetics (a heavier coverage foundation that you can sample very cheap..not recommended if you have oily skin, though)

Alpha Skin Care (2 formulas of foundation, light and heavy coverage, and it wears great...you could make it through a tornado and this stuff would probably still look like you just applied it..you need very little for good coverage, too)

Botany 101 (one of the silkiest, smoothest mineral foundations out there, and there are at least 15 different foundation shades, but just be forewarned that there's a little bit of a wait for product delivery)

I haven't tried it, but I heard J.Lynne Cosmetics has great foundation, as does Pure Luxe Cosmetics.

I recommend mineral foundations for people who have large pores or scarring to conceal only because it won't cause breakouts, it offers the best coverage that looks natural and not cakey or masklike, and many of the owners of the small mineral companies offer great, personalized customer service and will work with you on color matching and listen to product suggestions. You probably won't see that at the department store cosmetic counter, and that liquid stuff just doesn't, in my opinion, come close to offering the coverage that minerals do.

Hope that helps!

~Kat

hey i thought i was the only one that speely me name with an "ryn" at the end eusa_dance.gif

thanks for the reply! will check out some of those sites! but do they deliver to the UK? eusa_think.gif

hey i thought i was the only one that speely me name with an "ryn" at the end  eusa_dance.gif

thanks for the reply! will check out some of those sites! but do they deliver to the UK?  eusa_think.gif

Some of the better mineral foundations out there I have tried:

MeLange Cosmetics (I love this foundation. I get medium to heavy coverage with one layer, and it always looks natural)

BareFaced Minerals (there are several formulas, including one that is heavier coverage, called XC, I believe)

Cory Cosmetics (a heavier coverage foundation that you can sample very cheap..not recommended if you have oily skin, though)

Alpha Skin Care (2 formulas of foundation, light and heavy coverage, and it wears great...you could make it through a tornado and this stuff would probably still look like you just applied it..you need very little for good coverage, too)

Botany 101 (one of the silkiest,  smoothest mineral foundations out there, and there are at least 15 different foundation shades, but just be forewarned that there's a little bit of a wait for product delivery)

I haven't tried it, but I heard J.Lynne Cosmetics has great foundation, as does Pure Luxe Cosmetics.