Notifications
Clear all

What does manuka oil smell like?

MemberMember
(@ritzvin)

Posted : 02/21/2005 3:06 pm

For those that have used manuka oil, what does it smell like? Does it smell like tea tree oil? I've tried tea tree oil in the past, but cannot stand the scent, and am wondering if manuka oil smells the same.

thanks

MemberMember
(@frances)

Posted : 02/21/2005 3:14 pm

very similar I'm afraid.

MemberMember
(@junkeroos)

Posted : 02/21/2005 6:44 pm

very similar I'm afraid.

MemberMember
(@guppylips)

Posted : 02/21/2005 6:55 pm

I use the same thing as you did (The Manuka Oil and Honey antiseptic gel from Living Nature), Junkeroos.

I've actually grown to like the smell of it because I associate it with healthier skin. It's sooths and heals your skin. It's nice and cool, also, which is a much better feeling than what you get from pure tea-tree oil or other medications.

That's my experience, anyway...

MemberMember
(@debonaire)

Posted : 02/21/2005 7:21 pm

I've gotta be frank: when I used manuka oil, I thought it smelled like garbage. I never used it if I was planning on going anywhere for the next 6 hours because I smelled like a garbage can during that time. But I'm REALLY sensitive to smell, so it's probably just me.

MemberMember
(@adultacne)

Posted : 02/21/2005 7:30 pm

I've gotta be frank: when I used manuka oil, I thought it smelled like garbage. I never used it if I was planning on going anywhere for the next 6 hours because I smelled like a garbage can during that time. But I'm REALLY sensitive to smell, so it's probably just me.

MemberMember
(@junkeroos)

Posted : 02/21/2005 8:11 pm

It probably smells like dry rot. To some it smells like that little dank dirty sticky j/o room in an adult bookstore that was never cleaned while to some it smells like foreskin with thick gobs of smegma. lol.gif

MemberMember
(@adultacne)

Posted : 02/21/2005 9:16 pm

It probably smells like dry rot. To some it smells like that little dank dirty sticky j/o room in an adult bookstore that was never cleaned while to some it smells like foreskin with thick gobs of smegma.  lol.gif

MemberMember
(@blondegirl21)

Posted : 02/21/2005 10:53 pm

For those that have used manuka oil, what does it smell like? Does it smell like tea tree oil? I've tried tea tree oil in the past, but cannot stand the scent, and am wondering if manuka oil smells the same.

thanks

MemberMember
(@blondegirl21)

Posted : 02/21/2005 10:55 pm

It probably smells like dry rot. To some it smells like that little dank dirty sticky j/o room in an adult bookstore that was never cleaned while to some it smells like foreskin with thick gobs of smegma.  lol.gif

MemberMember
(@uk_guy)

Posted : 02/22/2005 7:16 am

I don't think it smells anything like as bad as tea tree, also its stronger (i.e. more antibacterial) than tea tree so you don't have to use it at 100%. Lastly, you can get a reduced odour Manuka Oil from here, which I would highly recommend

Also worth checking out is Activated Acne Cream, which contains 30% active manuka honey UMF 15+, as well as manuka oil and some other natural oils. It hardly smells at all, and absorbs relatively well into the skin (though takes a little while, it goes white first, but if you keep gently rubbing in while eventually be absorbed). You can have it on during the daytime as well as the night. I've been using this recently with good results

hope this helps

This post was modified 1 year ago by Ishayat
MemberMember
(@kmkrak0611)

Posted : 10/07/2021 12:02 am

I personally think it stinks. I thought it was going to smell sweet, like honey. I added it to Patchouli and Neroli (orange blossom), just a few drops, and all I can smell are the stinky undertones of manuka oil. I just want a subtle, sweet smell, like regular honey.