Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SupremeDreamer

So, am I as ugly as I think I am?

From your writing alone I get a sense that you're a kind, intelligent person who just had the misfortune of dealing with acne. This affects you in lots of different ways and can have a profound influence on who you are. You've obviously learned kindness and humility from it, but in time you'll learn to temper that with confidence and become happier with yourself.

For the most part attractiveness for a guy comes down to a lean look, clean features, and clear skin. Lose some weight and you'll be amazed at the difference, even in your face. Sure there are some guys who may be more attractive on average, but they really aren't that common. In the end we can only do what we can with what we've been given. If you want to improve yourself then you definitely can by working out and changing your diet. Will you look like Brad Pitt afterwards, probably not, but you'll be more attractive than you are now, and I can almost guarantee you'll be happier.

The most important thing I can say is to have no set ideas of how you want to look. Just concentrate on getting in better shape, working out, eating right, and whatever happens, happens. Would most girls love to date a guy with movie star looks, sure, but most guys would also love to date a super model, and we all realize that this isn't really going to happen. I promise you there are girls out there that would go out with you exactly as you are right now. The question isn't whether these girls would be happy with your appearance as it is now or after a year of lifting, the question is whether YOU are happy with your appearance.

Once you get to the point where you are happy with yourself and how you look then you'll start to realize that it's not the end of the world if a certain girl doesn't want to go out with you, and furthermore that there are plenty of girls out there who will find you just as attractive as you find them. In the end it doesn't matter if you and your girl are never mistaken for movie stars when you walk down the street, as long as you are attracted to each other, that's all that matters.

j

Well you're not particularly ugly, everything seems in proportion and you don't have any obvious facial defects. But lets not bullshit, you're not exactly handsome either.

The fact of the matter is, you're not attractive enough to get girls introducing themselves to you or coming over to you in a club etc. You're the one who's going to have to make the effort to introduce yourself to a girl. You need to attract them with your personality, the only way to do this in the social atmosphere of a club would be for you to have a magnetic personality, which is incredibly difficult to attain if it doesn't come naturally.

Your best option would be to try to forge a relationship with a girl in an environment where you see each other regurarly e.g. Work, or education. This way you can express your personality to them over a period of time and they can become attracted to you because of that.

Don't let your appearance hold you back, just because you're not incredibly handsome, doesn't mean you can't attract girls, you've just got to go about it the right way. All it really means is that you'll have to make the initial effort.

Personally, I don't think you are particularly good-looking.... You seem like a good guy though so I think the best thing you could do for yourself is to try focusing on your good attributes (like your writing) and to lose some weight . Try looking at yourself like you would look at a friend (completely unjudgemental, right!?). You're your own worst critic, really. Good luck with everything!

well not everyone in this world can be gorgeous can they, i for one certainly could be alot better looking, but i think if u lost some weight ud be far more attractive. That doesnt mean to say that thats necessarily what everyones going to think some women like their men abit meatier.

Personally I think you can do better with yourself. It's certain things you can do to make yourself look better, Like try different hairstyles,clothes & it wouldn't hurt to work out & lose some weight, just my opinion.But I mean do you really want to go through with all that? Just love yourself for who you are. Plus asking people's opinions is really not going to effect how you feel about yourself. The good posts may boost your confidence for a while but it's not going to change your overall viewpoint. Just be happy with what god gave you ok!

Guest OnlyJoe

fuck about!.. lay of the bloke. we cant all be fucking models, in fact he looks like the sort of diamond geezer who makes you laugh down the pub every night.. so lay off, looks aint everything.

i suggest hototnot.com for a more un-biased opinion, there are two types of people here.. good guys and wankers, the wankers are gonna say ure fugly even if your a stunner and the nice guys are always gonna say your the don.

i suggest hototnot.com for a more un-biased opinion, there are two types of people here.. good guys and wankers, the wankers are gonna say ure fugly even if your a stunner and the nice guys are always gonna say your the don.

fuck about!.. lay of the bloke. we cant all be fucking models, in fact he looks like the sort of diamond geezer who makes you laugh down the pub every night.. so lay off, looks aint everything.

Guest Zitro

I went to hotornot a couple of months ago, sent a picture for the heck of it, and browsed though it.

Its bad, girls who show cleavage, no matter how unatractive their face might be always get like a 9 or 10. One really pretty and adorable looking girl got only an 8. Also picture quality seems to determine the score.

PS : I checked the photo I sent and based on the votes I got an average of 7.4. That seems fair enough.

Edited by Zitro

LOL Zitro why'd you change your pic next to your i was wondering wtf you did haha

now i see you edited it with photoshop or whatever? haha just made me laugh =)

I still think he is not ugly. he's got nice eyes and lips. he does look tired on the pic, and his hair is a little distracting, but his features are balanced and normal.

I betcha if he lost weight and did something cool to his hair girls would be following him.

he is not ugly at all. and personality counts a lot in any relationship. if he's kind and has respect to other people, people will see the beauty in him.

btw, i don't see any acne.

Guest Avian
I'll do it. In the UK at the moment there is a reality TV show called 'Big Brother' where a certain number of people are put in a specially designed house and put through trials (both social and physical) for the amusment of the viewing public. This lasts for about 3 months. Every week the public gets to vote one of the contestants out. The prize for the last remaining contestant is £100,000, I think.

Anyway, there is one character on it who talks in a very specific way. Psychological analysis showed that he does this because he's trying to appear to be of a particular demographic regarded as masculine i.e. 'one of the lads'.

That guy types how he talks.

Fini.

Guest OnlyJoe
Erh, you write just like that tosser off big brother talks.

I suppose you're one of 'the lads'. rolleyes.gif

Guest OnlyJoe
Who? The guy on big brother, or the guy on the forum?

The guy on big brother, no.

The guy on this forum, I suppose he could have been yes. But I was just making an observation. Based on that it isn't too much of a jump to suggest he panders to pretentious masculinity, but I don't know him at all now do I.