Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jase

A possible solution for my red marks.

Posted

Hi all

I have been using the vinegar/baking soda method for a week now which has got me thinking about my red marks. The main area of my face that suffers with red marks is my forehead, I have quiet alot and also I have noticed that I have some skin discolouration aswell (maybe from the sun or other means.) doubt.gif

I am using the regimen only once a day now. My forehead has been clear of acne for quiet a few months now. The amount of bp apply is so minimal once day on my forehead- it would only be 1/10 of a finger long.

I had some bad red marks on the side of neck near my jawbone (from active acne that the regimen took care of). I used to apply bp to them and just stopped one day and the red marks have faded dramatically.

My thinking is that If I have stopped using bp on the side of my neck and I havn't had any acne form, what would stop this same effect happening to my forehead? eusa_think.gif

Maybe if I stop using bp this would allow the redmarks to fade alot quicker and by still using the vinegar/baking soda method it means that I could get rid of these marks?

Please tell me what you think and If you think it is a good idea to go through with? eusa_dance.gif

Posted

BP actually makes your skin scar. If you don't need it then don't use it. You can instead you SA, it will exfoliant your skin and help with pimples. I used duac for a while which has BP and that is the only time I got red marks. Fortunately, I don't need it anymore. Vinegar is great for acne too cause it kills bacteria on the skin. No one has mentioned this, but they sell this stuff called Colloidal silver and that is great for pimples! Good luck!

Posted

Thanks for the quick reply!

So how should I go of the bp slowly like once every second day, and then once every third day etc. Or just drop it?

I will be really happy if my forehead improves the way the red marks have on the side of my neck and cheek bone!

Wil the vinegar help with the discolouration in my forehead aswell as making the red marks fade gradually?

Posted

i found that if i use a 2.5% bp CREAM, and if i apply it maybe 2-3x a day, but only for ONE DAY a week, i can actually peel off some of my redmarks. I think it only makes your redmarks worse if you use it religiously day in and day out.

Posted

Yes I remember when I first starting using BP it dried my skin right out and gave me a great peel that helped with of the red marks, till I got the initial breakout and it gave me a whole new set to deal with.

eusa_wall.gif

I was actually considering buying the 10% BP (I use 5% normally) in order to spot treat areas that need a peel and see if that gives me one. What do people think?

Posted

* bp does not give you scars.

* taking colloidal silver can cause your skin to become permanently discoloured.

Posted

You know what i noticed that.

I had moderate acne on my forhead an i started usin bp.

the spots stopped but left slight scars or hyperimpigmentation or summat.

But i stopped usin bp and i have never broken out on my head since. eusa_dance.gifeusa_dance.gif

That made me really chuffed.

I noticed that after i stopped usin bp my marks have faded so much i wish i had never used bp now but watever i'm 95% clear now.

Posted
* bp does not give you scars.

* taking colloidal silver can cause your skin to become permanently discoloured.

Posted

Well the duac definitely scarred me, maybe it was too harsh for skin. And i didn't mean to drink the colloidal silver, they sell it in spray bottles and you spray it on your skin. It beats the 80 dollar ionized water they sell at plastic surgeons. I personally like tazorac which i use lightly every night, and when i get a zit I use bye bye blemish. It contains sulfur and is the best ive used for spot treatment. Once again i'm going on what works for me.

Posted

BP def makes red marks hang out longer. ive had acne a long time and have never experienced red marks like these before. sometimes i wanna quit, but i know the acne will come back