Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SUBLIMED

Glycolic 70% worked sxtremely well

I started using glcolic peels about 5 months ago. Starting with 30%. It didnt burn that bad and the only thing it did was make my dry skin flake off for about 3 dasy and i would have baby but smooth skin but still the scars were their. I decide to make the big dangerous jump to 70% and the first few times I would leave it on for barely a minute and then rinse it off. Thats when the most pain takes place. Well ive built up a little immunity towrds one minute so then I tried it for about almost three. I did it about a week ago the 7th of April. It burnt really bad especially when i rinced it off. 20 minutel later i saw the redness it caused and i knew i was in for it. I woke up the nest morning and my face was already scabbing on all my scars and was still a little uncomfortable so i didntt go to school. Finally by the weekend all the small scabs(the only noticable ones) fell off but was still a little dry. That sunday morning I woke up in amazement, because since the dryness and scabbing i never took the time to check out my scars so when i did I noticed how good they looked. I am gonna wit one week and do it again becuase i think that after doing this a few more times i will almost be scar free or atleast blend them in a little. P.S. Before i could look at my face in certain angles of the light and it would look horible but now it is really making my face llook good. Oh yeah one more thing I have been doing needle dermabrasion every week too so that could also help. (The 70% for 3 minutes will give you about a 4 day downtime.)

what kind of needle/technique etc do u use for the needle dermabrasion and how old are u? thanks

Sublimed - what are your scars like? You were wise to build up to using 70% - I don't advise anyone going stright to 70% first time round, your face needs to get used to peeling.

Also I purchased this fan brush thingyu to apply the 30% glycolic acid but i dont feel like it rubs it into my skin good enuff - what would work better?

My face has gotten so much better now all the scabs are off and it feels tighter smoother and scars are way less visible. Id probably say it helped them a good 30% better they seem less deep. Hope fully if i keep combining glycolic and do the needling a few days after that they will become emaculate. Even if they dont get that much better ill be fine now because they doont look so severe anymore, its boosted my self esteem a lot.

Hello Sub,

I am VERY excited and happy for you! I am glad to hear you've found a treatment that is working for you! I am curious to know what type of acne scarring do you have? I am also using glycolic acid (35%) and have done a few treatments. I haven't noticed any significant improvement on my scars, although the texture of my skin is softer and smoother. Again, congratulations to you, especially winning some self confidence! :evil:

I am so happy for you, I love to hear when someone find things that work for them, I cant even begin to know what it feels like to have scars, Im having a hard enough time with red marks. Good luck to you and dont over do it, sometimes that can make things worst.