Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adulta

exercise + scars

do you think that exercise (sweating) is good for healing the scars??

also, what about chemical peels. i am thinking about having a peel soon and would love to hear what anyone thought.

I would think exercise would help redmarks (possibly) but not "real" scars. Exercise gets rid of toxins through the skin, this may help skin repair, without all that toxin crap in it.

Peels have been successful for many people. Don't try a high % at first. I have heard these will do more harm then good, and will burn the skin.

Good Luck anyhow

i have mostly superficial scars right now, so i think the exercise might help.

thanks for motivating me to exercise!

THats a lie, excersie does not help my shallow scars at all. I play soccer two hours a day for the past 7 years. It makes your face worse, since your poures are all open and even in the long run it does nothing.

being healthy naturally helps your skin stay heathier therefore helping with acne but it's never gonna keep your face totally clean but it will help your skin become heathier quicker.

No it doesn't. I know for sure. It does nothing.

For me atleast, and im sure im not some crazy exception.

In my experience exercising has made my acne worse. I'm a health freak and can't go a single day without going to the gym or running. The only reason I believe that exercising makes acne worse is cause whenever I get injured and have to sit at home my face looks much better. Might just be me though. Personally I think it depends a lot on the person.

- 8)

Hi Adulta,

Although exercising doesn't diminish acne or scars, it is wonderful for the skin. It pumps blood and oxygen through the skin cells and promotes rejuvenation, circulation and blood flow. Also, sweat triggers production of sebum, which is the skin's natural mosturizer (which is a wonderful anti-aging process).