Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andrew23

Purely in the interest of others......

Purely so that I can inform you of why its a great idea NOT to drink whilst on accutane, I can lead by dis-example and confess to having afew drinks tonight doubt.gif

Nothing, of course, to do with the fact that a load of mates and myself went up to London to celebrate a Birthday...... no smile.gif

Afew weeks ago I had ONE pint, and woke up with a mild hangover rolleyes.gif

..so lets see what afew more than that does

Results will be posted in about 12 hours smile.gif

OK.........I like got drunk at least 4x a month for the 2 months I was on Accutane. I got my blood tests done and everything is perfectly fine. There was nothing wrong my liver. But everyone is different and I have a different diet from probably all the people on this board....I think. But don't start getting drunk like me because my results came out good..LOL

OK.........I like got drunk at least 4x a month  for the 2 months I was on Accutane.  I got my blood tests done and everything is perfectly fine.  There was nothing wrong my liver.  But everyone is different and I have a different diet from probably all the people on this board....I think.  But don't start getting drunk like me because my results came out good..LOL

While i was on accutane (almost done), I had only one drinking night. I really dont think its gonna mess me up that bad... but yeah aquaman makes lotta sense to me.

I wouldnt suggest drinking heavily while on accutane. I have gotten drunk maybe 5 times while on it, and nothing major has come from it, but the first time I drank, I could actually feel pain in my liver. If you feel anything down there, I'd pass on it.

well that was ok!

9 hours sleep, and I feel fine!

A bit groggy, fair enough, but no worse than usual for sure smile.gif

So thats just my experience - 2 months in, 5 pints late, and no ill effects.

I'm sure everybody's different, but I for one am glad I conducted this experiment - My w/e social life is back! smile.gif

a friend of mine drank hardcore while on accutane one night and during the night their body went into convulsions. i dont know the medical details... but thats a scary enough scene to make me want to take hyper care of my livverrrrrr during my course

I drink moderately every weekend. That does not give any problem, but going above that can.

The risk of drinking any more than this is being taken off accutane due to liver tests being bad. Those willing to take the risk can drink all they can , those who cannot risk being taken off of accutane should drink very moderately, just like me, like only on weekend or somethign like that...

Just because someone else could drink daily while on accutane and have no problem in liver tests dont mean it is true for you, you might just get thrown out of accutane and that is no fun...

I drink moderately every weekend. That does not give any problem, but going above that can.

The risk of drinking any more than this is being taken off accutane due to liver tests being bad. Those willing to take the risk can drink all they can , those who cannot risk being taken off of accutane should drink very moderately, just like me, like only on weekend or somethign like that...

Just because someone else could drink daily while on accutane and have no problem in liver tests dont mean it is true for you, you might just get thrown out of accutane and that is no fun...