Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

DAMN!! how F***** stupid of me to do this.

I'm so retarded guys.

My face was getting better after many months of an up and down battle. I was on dan's regimen that whole time. Friday rolls around and we get the 3 piece system of Proactiv in the mail. That system is for my brother. I thought, well my face is getting better. maybe I go do something much more soothing to the skin.

Friday was fine. Saturday was fine. Sunday was even good while on proactiv. But when school started, Monday, i guess stress or just sweat made my face REALLLLLLLLLLLY DRY.

You guys don't understand how dry it has become at times these past two days.

The 3rd step, repairing lotion, should mouistize my skin but its not. I'm ithcing and scratching away here at work now.

I'm back on Dan's regimen TONIGHT. i'll be taking a shower @ 4 PM, and putting on the on the spot.

proactiv is just SUCKING so far.

Dan, you are the man... This regimen is by far the best and most effiectiate in moustrizing and treating acne without any ITCHING, for me anyway.

WHAT THE HELL WAS I thinking.

Rubbing rubbing alcohol right about now seems like a better choice than using proactiv.

I'll be breaking out anyday now thanks to proactiv and the ITCHING.

damn, that sucks. sorry to hear that. i started dan's regimen last week and ordered proactiv like the day after i started the regimen but it has not arrived. since the regimen is working, i wasn't planning on using the proactiv. i might just sell it when it arrives.

the regimen, for me, is just time consuming.

i play basketball everyday for around 4-5 hours, so its hard to fit it in at night.

It's also very expensive.

I used 7 containers of BP last month alone.

I guess I got lazy and thought proactiv was gonna provide me with a quicker regimen to follow.

but this is the worst feeling in the world.

its NON STOP ITCHING.

and I know ITCHING causes irritation, and irritation to the skin causes breakouts.

DAMN PROACTIV.

I guess i learned my lesson for the 3rd STRAIGHT TIME.

this is the third times its happened like this.

it happened back in october when my face got better, but proactiv made it itch.

I just need to MAKE time from now on for this regimen.

peace

i used it and my face literally swelled up...i thought i was allergic to BP, when it was just the system was too harsh for my skin...2.5% BP is working wonders, as well as this regimen, and my skin is WAAAAY less irritated and not reacting badly at all.

I'm so glad I've heard that proactiv doesn't work. I was very close to buying it over the web today. I've been on the regimen since April 1 and I'll stick with it. I thought since Proactiv has bp plus other acne fighting/soothing ingrediants it would be better. I guess not!

I'm two days back on dan's regimen and my face is five times better than the time when i wrote this almost 2 or 3 days ago.

My face was still very dry, thanks to proactiv, but since then I'm doing a lot better.

PS, DRink alot of water. it's helping my skin ALOT.

i've been doing it actively now for 2 months and my face has gotten better.

SUBSTITUTE the cokes for WATER.

i used to drink 2 cokes a day.

Now im down to 3 cokes a week.

Proactiv is a terrible product. It contains basically the same stuff you would find in any supermarket or drug store, then ramps the price way up because they supposedly have a "patented formula". Like anything else it will either work, do nothing, or mess you up, and for me it did absolutely nothing.

Proactiv has worked wonders for me... and my face hasn't been dry at all. It's not a terrible product, you are just close minded because of your own experience.

Calling someone "close minded" is a little harsh-- it's just their own opinion.

The whole "itchy" thing I don't get-- Proactiv bp (repairing lotion) is un-fucking-believable. I think it's the best OTC bp out there.