Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BaBi FaCe

ATTN: All UK residents ...cleanser ...help!!

i need help with cleansers im currently using neutrogena deep pore cream wash but its not really effective on spots. I need something with isn't too drying and suitable for sensitive skin....what are u lot using? any recommendations??

I have been using Clinique facial soap in oily skin formula for over a year now, and it is the best thing I have found. It's really effective with the three step programmme, but if your using retin A etc on your skin you might want to watch out for their clarifying lotions. Also, its quite expensive. I think its worth it though, esp the moisteriser.

Hope that helps a bit!

I buy the green people face wash - it's suitable for sensitive skin and is 100% organic - you can get it from the larger Sainsburys stores.

thanx maya could you elaborate on that please? what exactly is it?how much does it cost? is it doing any good 4 ur skin? does it make ur make up look okay cos i know some cleansers make ur make up look nasty...does it dry out the skin etc...does it clog pores, oil free, soap free etc..

elaborate please?

Hey Babiface - no, it won't clog pores - like I said it is 100% organic which means it's very gentle (but removes makeup very well) and it comes in a large tube and lasts for ages. Smells nice too and doesn't dry your skin, no alcohol base, has natural ingredients like aloe vera, rose etc.... Good for under makeup.

I note you are in Birmingham!! I'm in Solihull and I have seen it on sale from the Sainsburys in Shirley (on the Stratford road) but you can get it from them direct www.greenpeople.co.uk and they have lots of products that are very soothing to the skin.

I think it's around £8-10 for a large 200ml tube -you don't need to use much, it's very concentrated and will last a few months.

thanks Maya i'll go to my local sainsburys tomorrow and check it out...erm..one more thing do you know if its any good at getting rid of spots? does it leave marks behind?

thanks

It's not formulated to get rid of acne, but it does have aloe vera in it which can help reduce red marks but that would take time.