Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dukey

Large pores more vulnerable to clogged pores?

Hey every1! This site's awesome. Anyway I was just wondering, I have pretty large pores on my nose and I'm wondering if theres any way to make them smaller. Why have they gotten so big in the first place? I do play a LOOOT of basketball for many hours and I'm assuming that the longer your face (nose) is moist due to sweat the pores remain open/enlarged. I was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem. I tend to get a lot of white heads on my nose and I end up popping them and I know that its just making my pores larger.

I also have a huge issue with moisturizers. I live in Canada and its pretty freakin cold and I'm sure moisturizer is important because of the cold weather. But as I use moisturizer more often and stuff I get more whiteheads, what a mess! Any feedback will be much appreciated! Keep fightin the good fight! Well, its not so good..

I believe the size of your pores is mostly determined by genetics. I also have fairly large pores on my nose, and I think the best you can do is to keep your skin clean. I use Clean and Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser twice a day to wash my face. It really works to clear out pores. Then make sure you use a non-comedogenic moisturizer. It should say non-comedogenic on the package. That type will not clog pores. Eucerin Skin Renewal is a good one. Good luck!

Nothing can really make your pores smaller permanently (unfortunatelly) but a clay mask will do it temporarily, so use it every 2-3 days (I use Proactiv clay mask, which also helps with the overall quality of your skin.)

Nothing can really make your pores smaller permanently (unfortunatelly) but a clay mask will do it temporarily, so use it every 2-3 days (I use Proactiv clay mask, which also helps with the overall quality of your skin.)