Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novalie

How soon after microdermabrasion...

Hi!

I know that you're not supposed to do any skin treatments while on accutane. But how soon before is okay?

I have a microdermabrasion appt. scheduled for next week. How soon after this appt. should I begin accutane? Does it matter?

Thanks!

I had a week in-between and am fine, no scars or anything, not sure what a dr. would recommend on it though but personally I am fine and my acne was not sever before I started the tane and I did not have any active acne when I had it done.

GoSaints - you think I should wait 6 months AFTER microderm to START accutane?

I've heard it the other way around (wait 6 months after accutane to start microderm). Could this be what you are thinking?

Thanks!

You're right. Sorry I read your post in reverse!

I would think wait at least a few days. Accutane (if you start on a decent dose) will dry out your skin almost immediately.

Yaa, accutane effect kicks in only after a few months in terms of protien remodelling and stuff. Dryness kicks in within a couple of weeks.

IMO you can start the next day after microdermabrasion...

If I am starting Accutane tomorrow, would it be bad to go through with the microdermabrasion and chemical peel that I have scheduled for next Wednesday???

Will the effects have kicked in that soon?

While on accutane or soon after accutane, no procedures for you smile.gif, procedures before accutane OK.

I do not think anyone will do those peels for you if you tell them that you are on tane,