Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was on accutane before (6 mo) and have been fine until now. I am starting to get acne (I believe that it is cystic) on my neck, and have a huge one on my forehead. These kind of hurt. Anyway, the Dr. has now put me on a Benzacline/Differin/Bacterin (sp?) regiment. Does anyone else experience cystic acne, and if so, is this the right stuff to be on? Appreciate ANY help. thanks

Hey there,

How long ago did you get off of accutane? What was your dosage? How old were you when you were on accutane? These factors might play a role in your recent recurrance of acne.

I was on a 40 mg dosage (the yellow pills) daily and I was on for about 6 months. I am 29 years old, and I did it last year. I am just wondering how long it takes the benzacline/differin/bacterin to work. It just seems to do a really good job of making my skin really dry and irritated. I am currently using cetaphil as a moisterizer, but I am looking for any advice for other products.

I've had acne since I was 12, Im 19 now. And Ive been going to the dermo for year and a half and she started me on Benzaclin and Doryx which helped a bit, so far a lot of my scarring has gone down and I don't break out -quite- as often, but at my last appointment she described what I had has cystic acne. Its around my mouth, jaw line and neck which is aparently hormonal...so Im now on Ortho-Tri-Cyclin, which doesn't seen to be working either. So to answer your question...it depends on how your face reacts to the Benzaclin. It took me about 6 mos to see some really good results, but I'm still battleing.

I've had acne since I was 12, Im 19 now. And Ive been going to the dermo for year and a half and she started me on Benzaclin and Doryx which helped a bit, so far a lot of my scarring has gone down and I don't break out -quite- as often, but at my last appointment she described what I had has cystic acne. Its around my mouth, jaw line and neck which is aparently hormonal...so Im now on Ortho-Tri-Cyclin, which doesn't seen to be working either. So to answer your question...it depends on how your face reacts to the Benzaclin. It took me about 6 mos to see some really good results, but I'm still battleing.

I had a mediocre case of cystic acne, but I started using Nicosyn about three days ago and it's been drastically reduced. Nicosyn has pretty limited information on the internet. For me my face is kind of red but kind of like light sunburn, and the sulfur in it stinks, but if you can get through that it might work for you