Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest agentx

Does diet affect acne? ANSWERED!

Guest agentx

Allright, im tired of people pointin at different things to blame for acne. and all those lame websites telling us this is just a myth :evil:From today, Tuesday, April 15th 2003. im going on a COMPLETE diet ... and by that i mean NOTHING but noodles and water.

And noodles DO NOT contain anything, those plain maggi noodles :shock:

I dont know if this is really smart or idiotic. but im tired of people blaming my diet for my acne. Im going on accutane in 2 weeks but lets see what happens in 2 weeks if i dont eat anything.

Ill keep you all posted, PRAY! :!:

are u a idiotic moron u need ur veggies fruits pasta bread and protein if u dont get it ur body is gonna develop cancer so keep ur body strong ..and diet only affects acne if u eay sugars and have high colectoral why dont u go to a nutritionist and ask if diet affects acne then quit making ur own assumptions couse ur not educated get a blood test to see how healthy u are

Guest agentx

dood ... chill the Fawk up :evil: . wats wrong with u ... if i develop cancer, ure not gonna loose anything so just keep CALM. and if u have to suggest anything do it the right way.

im gonna eat vitamins and fruits i forgot to mention that .

JESUS gimme a break! i know i cant just stand on noodles alone. i just wont eat any REAL food other then noodles. im gonna eat tons of fruits and juice etc :@

hehe.. yah.

maggie noodles? they have a lot of MSG in them.

I think that might aggravate the acne.

but you gotta do what you gotta do! :wink:

Guest agentx

OH MY GOD! ive been eating them for like a month now :S

lol do u really think they cud be a problem? like what is a man supposed to do when something as harmless as MAGGI NOODLES cause acne? lol do u know anything i could eat all the time and which would be harmless and also have a few important vitamins and minerals?

I am not a food nazi and have no soapbox item that I want to sell you. But Refined carbs (like your noodles) are getting a bad rap at the moment - so I would not eat them at the exclusion of all else. In fact on the new food pyramid they are in the the eat least section. Why not stick with vegetarian whole foods for a while? Or do a quick search on the net for a liver cleansing diet?

Guest agentx

ok ... from now on ... only veggies and fruits and WATER !!!

Go!

I don't see how what you eat has anything to do with dead skin clogging your pores. Everyone should stop being so paranoid. And as for it affecting how much oil you produce... i know people who's face is so oily when you look at their face in the light sometimes the reflection hurts my eyes, and the don't have a single blemish. There's something more here we don't understand. So chill brothers and sisters.

If your going to go on a limited diet, at least choose one that might clear you up.

Go and READ THIS

I haven't tried this diet, I'd loose too much muscle mass, but I've heard some good things about it.

Dude agentx, I did a diet thing a while back...one of 2 things that I actually noticed improvement with my acne. So if your gonna do it then do it right. Eat your fruits and vegies, take vitamins/minerals/herbs, eat salads (not just green salads...get creative mixing chicken with pasta and other stuff). Actually I could go on for a while, i'll just say WHAT to avoid. Avoid processed foods AKA food you find at stores all packaged up. Eat only fresh food. It's okay to have some processed foods every now and then but don't make it a daily habit. Don't eat out....too much crap in fast food places. Stay away from sugar, or like junk food, snacks....make fruits and vegies your snacks. Have plenty of water. Anyways....yeah, do stuff like that :evil:

-Shawn-

Guest agentx

yea mate, i just went to COLES and bought like 50$ worth of fresh fruits and veggies ... actually im an international student in australia. im without my parents or ne1. all alone here. its really hard for me :evil: i dont even know how to cook.

This forum really helps to keep my spirit up :shock:

hey agentx,

I know what you mean about being by yourself somewhere - i did the same thing when I first came to Montreal from NZ. Where are you from originally?

About the diet thing, we have a little thread going in the regimen section called "insulin levels and acne" that you might be interested in. Try to make sure you get enough protein as well as plenty of fruits & veges. A good site for recipes is www.epicurious.com where you can do a search according to different ingredients. Hey, and if you want to know how to make something you can ask me - I'll be glad to give you recipes. I love cooking!

Also, TranceOwnz is right about the supplements - do a search on this site to see what people take. I take zinc (50mg), vitamin A (20,000IU) and a B-complex supplement.

Good luck!

Vanessa

Guest agentx

umm well ... im from pakistan ;/ came here 4 months ago and hating every moment of it. Acne is a pain. My acne was so mild back in pakistan dunno what the heck happened here :/ water...environment ... dunno. Anyways now im only eating LOTS of fruits and veggies ... and FISH and LOTS of fish for proteins. im not taking any suppliements cuz i think that the fruit and fish would give me all i need.

Yea i guess since ure a girl u could help me :evil: i dont know the first thing about cooking so ... if you could tell me a simple dish to make without any trouble ... like i can make rice . but what vegetables can i eat with rice? do i boil them or ?

ThankS!

hi agentx,

OK, with rice I like to eat stir-fried vegetables - just heat a little bit of oil in a frying pan, add whatever vegetables you like (carrots, broccoli, green beans etc.) and fry it up! You can also put in some flavouring e.g. I really like black-bean garlic sauce. You should be able to get that at an Asian fruit & vege shop - I expect you already know what it is. Mix a tablespoonful of bbg sauce with a bit of water and add it in, then cook till the vegetables are a little bit soft. Add some firm tofu if you like for protein.

Also, you can marinate some meat/chicken/fish (with olive oil & garlic plus lemon juice or lime juice for the chicken or fish, red wine for the meat, and some herbs e.g. oregano). Just leave it in the marinade for a couple of hours & grill for a few minutes (depending how cooked you like it). If you're cooking chicken make sure it's thoroughly cooked - this is VERY important to avoid salmonella. Serve with salad & mashed potatoes.

I'll send you some more recipes by private message unless there are other desperate people here who don't know how to cook!

BTW, lots of guys know how to cook. It's not cause I'm a girl, it's cause I haven't lived at home for years!

V.

Guest agentx

yea i guess im one of the men who dont know how to cook. its prolly i was an only child back in my country, and mom used to cook everything.

I miss HOME! :evil:

Thanks for the recipies, sound interesting.

Cheers! :wink: