Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I have about 7 hypertrophic raised scars on my back. I just had microdermabrasion, followed by a chemical peel, on my back and now my hypertrophics are red and raw. I was thinking of applying Neosporin on the scars and then covering them with a band-aid, pulled tight to provide pressure on the scar.

Do you think this is a good idea? Or do you have a different suggestion that I could try while my scars are in this condition?

Thanks!

Posted

I read somewhere that hypertrophic sars have a tendency to "sporadically flatten out and diminish in color" over 18 months. I have one smak dab in the middle of my chest. It was a pimple that I squeezed and picked at. I always thought it was going to go away. Then I thought it became a wart. I had no idea what it qwas. Then I thought it was a keloid. I discovered that there's a difference between keloids and hypertrophic sras. Keloids have a tandency to get even bigger. I diagnosed myself with a hypertropic scar.

I trid those Curad silicon pads. They worked only a little in flattening the scar out. I am lucky that is only the diameter size of a pencil eraser and probably protrudes out about 1 to 2 mm. It is not as noticeable now but you know how us women are, we are in search of perfection. I plan on waiting it out to see if it will go away oni ts own. I have been putting lavender oil on all my scars and it seems to be working for the red ones more so than that hypertropic one. I guess I'll go for another roun of the silicone sheets.

But if I was you I wouldn't treat them in order to prevent even more scarring. Plus you want to make sure what type of scar it is. I am curious as to what type of scars you have and if the chemical peel and microdermabrasion gave you any results. I hope I helped a little and keep us updated.