Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
302Protein_Is_a_Scam

302 Skeptics Please Post Here

I have been asked by a moderator not to post in the 302 users thread sad.gif So I thought I would start a similar thread, for those who are not fans of this product to post. It's only fair that both sides of this issue should be heard. In reading the 302 users thread, I notice that more and more users are reporting that the product is doing nothing for their scars. We've seen this all before, one or two people come in here and report amazing results, then other people try the product and are disappointed, while somebody else makes a quick buck. So, skeptics and dissatisfied 302 users, feel free to post in this thread and get the truth out about this product. Does it work, or doesn't it? If it does, great, if not, we need to let others know so that they will not waste their hard earned money.

BTW, I have noticed that the new 302 website still is not up, even though they said it would be up on February 15. But then again, they also said that the before and after pictures on their site are all "unretouched." biggrin.gif I can't wait until they open the forum on their new website, I will be posting there, and I encourage other skeptics to join me. I know we will be banned after our first posting there, but we need to get the word out about this scam. Thank goodness that there is still some free speech on this message board.

wow, you really are taking this a bit too far..

Whether or not the product addresses scars has yet to been seen.. But what if this was a product that did wonders in improving the overall condition of the skin.. Would you have a problem with it then?

You really need to let it go.. Are you going to be making a new Alias for every new controversial product that gets talked about on this board...

Its one thing had you yourself tried the product then talk about its uselessness..But you havent used it, so you shouldnt be speaking on it

I have been reading the thread called "302 USERS POST HERE (INFORMAL STUDY), Post results, questions, feedback here", and these are the conclusions:

One user says: Scars seem to be filling in

Another: I think the scars are filling in a little, BUT...... nothing to jump up and down about YET

Another: My pits have not improved as far as I can tell, but my small shallow rolling scars on my cheeks are less noticed

Another: Got 2 fairly large pimples at first (one sadly lingers on), but no other pimples since then (perhaps b/c I now rinse off TC more thoroughly per advice on this board?). I am quite sure I see a slight improvement in my scars (5 - 10%?).

Another: Obviously I haven't seen any difference yet except that I got a huge cyst I'm guessing from the tc

Another: Results - so far - nothing at all.

Another: Results - so far - nothing at all

So, no one says scars are disappearing, in the best cases they "seem" to be smaller, just one of the users is sure that there is a "slight" improvement (5-10%, i wonder how can such a little percentage be perceived). One says that rolling scars are less noticed, but that doesn't mean that they have improved. Many of them report breakouts. Two of the members have not noticed anything. In another thread, one user reported such bad breakouts that he/she had to discontinue the treatment.

eusa_think.gif

I wonder how can a study be done on patients that the doctor can't see directly. doubt.gif

well I for one am not dogging this product or supoorting it, I havent used it personally so I can't really say it don't work, I'm just being a critic based on what people are saying on here and how the Huber guy is conducting his business. Some folks on here are saying they have noticed their scars smoothing out within a week, well I'm no scientist but I've dealt with this isssue for a long time now and I can pretty much say that that is next to impossible and not at all permanent. Secondly this scientist who's backing the 302 line has a pic posted on his website of ONE female who allegedly had her photo photoshopped, now I don't know about you but that raises some eyebrows on this side of the screen. So anyway to me it seems like these people are taking some of you guys for a ride and I have yet to hear from someone who's been using this for a long time with success, untill then I'm gonna stick with the facts.

Well, it just makes it that much easier to create fake results  biggrin.gif . Sort of like how they use Photoshopped before and after pictures. And then they say on their website that the pics are "unretouched." Reading the thread of the "study" participants pretty much confirms what us skeptics have thought all along. And that is that 302 protein drops do NOTHING for acne scars. Well, it's time for the next fad miracle cure to come along. NEXT!

Twobutton

Synchroboy has been using this for 2 months and has noticed continued improvement in his scarring. He may be the one who has been on the regime the longest.

Twobutton

Synchroboy has been using this for 2 months and has noticed continued improvement in his scarring. He may be the one who has been on the regime the longest.

Well, if you refer back to his posts, he admits to having tried many other things that didn't work. He is the only one I can mention who has been using it for a considerable amount of time (before anyone else on this board knew about it). Maybe I'll try iming him to see if the improvement held up. Yes, it would be better though if more people surfaced with similar improvement who have been using it for as long as he has, but for right now nobody really knows and it's all just a big mystery as to how this will all turn out. Smoothbeam was VERY convincing to me initially too though and, as it turned out, it failed me even though it was not a topical regimen. Obviously I expect this to fail too, but I really have no other choice right now but to try this. I just don't have any other outlets and i'm desperate!!!! My skin is worse than most people on this board and FAR worse than people who post their pics complaining about their scars!

BTW, there was a woman on clearskin.com who started using it in July of last year and mysteriously never returned to the board!!! From my experience on this board, that can mean two things: either she got sufficient improvement and isn't distressed over her scars or the treatment was a no go. This is just another element to all this mystery!!!

BTW, if all this did was keep your skin plumped up enough and healthy looking to mask scars that might be worth 50 bucks every couple of months to me.

Ylem if you dont mind my asking do you still breakout or is your only issue the scarring? and if you don't how did you clear your skin? because even though the scars bug me the most I still breakout when I'm under extreme stress or my diet is horrid. But as for all the above things you said I can totally relate to everything, a part of me wants this 302 craze to really work, and another part of me thinks it might not. Time is of the essence and only that will tell from all you guys who are trying it. good luck and I hope it does

Yes, I still breakout and I have a huge cyst on my right temple now that hurts. I am afraid I may have to restart accuatne soon as it has been almost 5 years since I last took it.

accutane was the one thing I did not try and I hope I never have to either. Diet is the only thing that worked for me I was on a macrobiotic last year up untill september and my skin was 99% clear I'm going back on it again, that might be something you should consider instead of tane.

Well just to let you know I tried the product for the first time last night and woke up with a little cyst. I have not had one of those in a long time so yes I am very disappointed. I have a feeling it is going to break me out and I do not think that is something I should be worrying about since my dermabrasion is in 2 months.

aaaawwww

I really want to try the product to see if it actually works but what is the point if I am going to break out.

Well just to let you know I tried the product for the first time last night and woke up with a little cyst.  I have not had one of those in a long time so yes I am very disappointed.  I have a feeling it is going to break me out and I do not think that is something I should be worrying about since my dermabrasion is in 2 months. 

aaaawwww

I really want to try the product to see if it actually works but what is the point if I am going to break out.

302 drops might make your overall complexion better regarding isssues of tone, texture and silkiness, at least that seems to be what some are reporting. If it continues to deliver these results for these people it is probably worth the price for that just alone.

On the other hand some people report it is breaking out their skin. Since breakouts can tend to produce more scarring the wisdom of using it doubtful in these cases. Heavily diluted retin A can in most cases can deliver the same results as above.

But the real question, it's effectiveness on scars, is doubtful in the extreme. This has been mentioned before, but if you just glance at the before and after photo of the woman on the 302 web site, you can clearly see that the photo has been doctored, most likely with the easy to use photoshop software. If the photos have been doctored, and most would agree that they certainly are, how can you trust their claims?

James

concerning the issue of Doctored Photos..The Lady working with 302 confessed to using PhotoShop to remove a mole and change the background to white..something along those line.. She never claimed to have doctored the actual scarred part of the ladies face.. But i understand there is a good chance that she may have..

But like you stated if the product improves my overall complexion, then it will have been well worth the money..

As far as the Retin A thing.. I can attest Retin A does not do those things.. In Fact i find that Retin A does a good job of thinning the skin..ANd when you have a pimple does a good job i scarring the skin as well

I just thought I would add here for the sceptics that don't believe topicals can help scarring that it is well documented that certain topicals can help the skin produce it's own collagen and products like maderma work with the skin's own development of collagnese to turn of the scarring--Dr. Yarborough himself told me that, he had recommended I use maderma when I saw him because my scars were too inflamed to treat and wouldn't have a good outcome as they are now. Maderma broke me out and I didn't care for it, but I think the protein drops go on the same premise of helping your skin heal itself, unlike peels and dermabrasion which just get rid of the top layer. I am a bit sceptical that deep scars will be totally gone in 90 days, but Richard himself doesn't really say that, he just says noticeable differences will be in 90 days. I am just looking for a noticeable difference at this point. My scars started a year ago, some a bit longer than that, and I think in time there is still hope they will repair more. I think a good skin care program can go a long way in helping the body repair itself.

Mederma was one thing I gave a long, fair shot at trying. I can tell you it does nothing for atrophic acne scars. In fact, out of the multitude of people who have used this product, not one has admitted to it actually working!!

ylem,

You are right that maderma is supposed to help hypertrophic more than atrophic, however some people say if you start it right after the scar develops it will help with atrophic too because it works with the collagenase to product the right amounts of collagen and the right type of collagen (I'm not totally sure on the specifics) My point was merely that topicals can work with our bodies own abilities to repair itself, and Richard's theory with lipidic furans is a newer one and has to do with the topicals teaching our skin to produce better tissue I suppose, I'm sure it's not totally impossible and he has done studies for many years on the ingredients, the literature that comes with the product, states it was a 15 year research study on the key ingredient. I knew a girl with fairly deep scarring from a bout of acne and after 2 years it was gone. She did absolutely nothing to her face to cause it to heal, she was merely YOUNG, and was in track and very healthy. Her body repaired itself because it was healthy. Makes me think getting rid of scars has a lot to do with the bodies ability to repair itself and not nessarily invasive procedures. Some people will not have good results after dermabrasion, even with Dr. Y, it may only be a 20% improvement. If the skin doesn't repair well it just doesn't repair well, I'm just thinking out loud biggrin.gif

Your theory is very sound and I am hoping it is alltogether true. I would say I have a fairly good ability to heal. My deep scars were self induced from squeezing and picking. I have self-mutilated myself and will sorely regret it everyday of my life until they are diminished! cry.gifcry.gif

Richard Huber dissuades people from using acid peels. And yet it is such peels, along with copper peptides, that have improved my scars.

I hope I'm wrong, but his claims smell like hype.

Having said all that, I think this 302Protein_Is_a_Scam person is way out of control.

Get a life, partner, and stop trying to make everyone else's miserable.

I think Richard is weary of acids because in the the long i believe AHA actually thin the skin which would cause potential problems as you get older..

Yes, I've heard that. But I'll take thin skin over scars any day. smile.gif

The copper peptides have actually thickened my skin.