Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi

I was wondering how many days into accutane treatment did u get dried lips?

I am on day 13 now and stil no sign thankgod!!!!!

I am on day 12 and have dry lips now. They are cracking a little when I really smile, with mild pain. Mostly just annoying for the most part. It is really wierd because never in my life have I had chapped lips. I have never once used chapstick in my life. Anyways, lets see how long I can go without having to use some. Oh, I had my first bleeding nose today. It was probably due to the fact I had an unreachable booger that needed the help of my pinky. :D

ya im on my 3rd month of accutane now and at first i didnt think that i would get chapped lips either but sure enough 5 or six days into the treatment everything started to get dryer. My lips never seem bad because i found that if you coat them in vassaline at night that in the morning no matter how bad they were the day before they feel like new. So put vassaline on at night and use aquaphore during the day and you should experience no visable chaped lips. And whoever said they wanted to go as long as they could without using chapstick i wouldnt recomend it. Its alot easier to prevent shaped lips then it is to try and get rid of them. peace

when i was on accutane i used to put carmex on my lips at night..works pretty well...to this day i still have to put it on or my lips get veeery dry :)