Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aw

less irritatating cleansing bars

I find the cetaphil cleansing bar really drying (cant get purpose bar here in Australia) I want to switch to a less drying cleanser. Has anyone tried the Dove bar or the Johnson baby bar? They both claim to be moisturisng and I can buy them for about one tenth of the price. Can these clog ur pores? The regimen has cleared my acne and clogged pores up heaps :D but I already had dry skin before I even started it and now after I wash my face it feels like cardboard :D

i heard someone say the Dove bar leaves a layer of crap over the face to provide the nice moisturising feeling, this layer then clogs pores. I think it was Dove anyway.

It seems a shame to change products that are working for the most part as you say they are. Presumably you moisturise plenty ?

Adam

yeah, im moisturizing plenty/w neutrogena 15+. I dont wanna change to anything/w AHA's cause these *really* irritate my face (causes contact dermatitis as does SA) I've got almost no zits now, just a few healing scabs, but the flaking is *really* bad; a few people have actually pointed it out :oops: I been on the regimen about 3 weeks. Any other ideas about how I could make the regimen less drying? I'ts real bad I think as I didnt start out/w oily skin like most pple seem to.

i was on the accutane program years ago. my dermatologist at the time advised me to stay away from acne washes and to simply use dove soap. i was using the sensitive skin version and it hardly ever made me break out. it's important to use a moisturizer w/ any dove soap

I use johnsons baby bar, and it works great. I had dryness before, but not anymore. I was previously using purpose soap, and that was too harsh. I haven't had any breakouts since using johnsons... it's simply made my face healthy-looking instead of flaky.

AngelaJo - does johnson's baby bar wash off makeup? If so, I want to try it because the purpose bar seems a bit harsh.

Yes, it absolutely does. I love it! It's a lot better than purpose, simply because it doesn't dry out my face. Also, it smells a lot better!!! :wink:

hey aw

Mate i really think you should try the carleys clean and clear soap bar they sell, its awesome. Nicest thing ever on my skin and its all natural no chemicals, each piece is cut from a large slab from africa. My skin used to always dry out from soap, and unbelievably this is the first thing that has worked.

Take it easy

Rob