Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoubleDown

What's B5??

Yeah its a vitamin. Also goes by the name of 'Pantothenic Acid'. Sold in tablet or powder form. I've read a bit on it around the web, and some sites say it has a comparable success rate to Accutane's, without any of the harsh sid effects etc. I also see some who doubt its effectiveness, but there's no doubt it works for some at least. I'm currently on it, and have been for a little over 3 weeks.

Most people seem to get a bad initial break out and I was no exception...after 1 week I got mine. It has more or less cleared up now and my skin is in decent shape, though mine was never too bad anyway. I won't jump to conclusions yet, I'm going to give it another 2/3 weeks and then give my final verdict on it, as I'm still worried the current condition of my skin could just be due to one of those good patches I periodically get.

As for where you can get B5, health stores seem to have it. If you're in the US I think its reasonably easy to track down.

Yeah its a vitamin. Also goes by the name of 'Pantothenic Acid'. Sold in tablet or powder form. I've read a bit on it around the web, and some sites say it has a comparable success rate to Accutane's, without any of the harsh sid effects etc. I also see some who doubt its effectiveness, but there's no doubt it works for some at least. I'm currently on it, and have been for a little over 3 weeks.  

Most people seem to get a bad initial break out and I was no exception...after 1 week I got mine. It has more or less cleared up now and my skin is in decent shape, though mine was never too bad anyway. I won't jump to conclusions yet, I'm going to give it another 2/3 weeks and then give my final verdict on it, as I'm still worried the current condition of my skin could just be due to one of those good patches I periodically get.  

As for where you can get B5, health stores seem to have it. If you're in the US I think its reasonably easy to track down.

ramb0t, how much do you take? I've ordered 200g, and was thinking about taking 5g a day for a month, then cutting down to 2.5g, as my acne is not too severe. Also where did you get it from.

Many thanx,

James.

I take 10g a day of it, despite the fact that my acne is mild too. It's a lot of tablets to take...20 a day (in fact the tablets only contain about 465 mg of B5 so its a little under 10 g a day).

Apparently some people see results with as little as 1/2g a day, but I wanted to do it properly or not at all. It is fairly expensive (the best I could find was at www.burstingwithhealth.co.uk , it has free delivery, thanks to whoever brought that site to my attention a while ago). I pay £20 STG for 360 tablets of it, which lasts me only 18 days approx :evil:/ . After being on it for maybe 8 weeks I'll cut down if all goes well and reduce the dose.

Try lower amounts of it if you want but in the long run you may end up wasting your 200g of it if it proves ineffective.