Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jersey85

if youre new, having problems, etc...

i started the regimen in september and at this point im about 80 percent clear. ive had many road blocks along the way, but i am sure that the regimen is the way to go and i encourage everyone to stick with it. before the regimen i would always get a new pimple or two each morning (while on proactiv also) and would never hesitate to pick and pop them. luckily for me it did not lead to scars, but it just got to the point where certain pimples never went away and i would develop cysts. when i started the regimen i used neutrogena on the spot, and stuck with it for 4 months seeing improvement, but still having break outs. i would get into fits and go crazy popping them every two weeks or so, until i basically was down in the dumps and the most upset ive been about anything in my life.

i spent my winter break from college hiding from people and only occasionally going out with 1 or 2 friends while still almost hiding my face. i almost quit the regimen but decided to try the BP gel. THIS WAS THE BEGINNING OF MY GREAT IMPROVEMENT. i started putting lots and lots of BP on and went through a week with getting only 1 or 2 new pimples while the old ones were healing (turning into red marks, oh well). then, my skin became extremely dry followed by another break out. at this point i realized i needed to dump on a lot of moisturizer especially in the evening ( i didnt want my face looking terribly oily during the day). ever since my skin has been looking much better and my spirits are higher than i can remember in recent memory. the key to all of this was using a whole lot of BP gel followed by even more moisturizer.

do not think that more moisturizer will work against the BP, as i used to at first. the only way your skin can clear is if it is smooth and not irritated. also, never ever pick at your pimples if u can avoid it. this is my biggest weakness cuz i just want the damn things to go away, but i always end up regrettng it. the more u pick at them, the higher the chance that another pimple will appear in that same spot, or it might even turn into a cyst.

so guys, stick with it, it may take an hour to get ready before bed and in the morning, but if you pile on the BP and even more moisturizer, soon youll be on your way to clear skin.

This is an important post for several reasons. #1 Using a lot of bp is crucial. #2 Moisturizing adequately is the only way you can use a lot of bp. #3 Following the regimen closely and sticking with it gives results.

Thanks for posting.

ive been on the regimen for a lil less then a month, and i have had good results. BUt i havent increased my bp amount that much, i use like a lil more than half a finger. I only have small area's that i get pimples, and i dont want to use it all over my face in places that i dont need, because i get alot of flakes. should i continue to use this much and will i get all clear eventually if i do. My results are slow, but im willin to be patient. will i still clear up completely, in time.

only use BP in the places where you have or have had acne and experiment for a week on how much BP u need in those places. remember that using a lot of BP is fine as long as you moisturize a lot as well. moisturizer is the key and if ur getting flakes then youre not using enough of it. good luck!

only use BP in the places where you have or have had acne and experiment for a week on how much BP u need in those places.  remember that using a lot of BP is fine as long as you moisturize a lot as well.  moisturizer is the key and if ur getting flakes then youre not using enough of it.  good luck!