Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pinny

Is sulfur dangerous to use?

Hey everybody,

I just bought Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask to try and I noticed it has sulfur. Every now and then I see something that says sulfur is bad to use. Does anyone know what the dangers are suppose to be?

I realize irritation, the danger involved with ingesting it, and stuff like that - that's true of most anything though. I am wondering if it is something else that I'm missing - like long-term skin damage or something really bad? smile.gif

Thanks!

Sulfur is dangerous? First I heard of it. Anyway, no, it is not dangerous. It pulls all the crap in your skin to the surface, so don't worry about it. It's no more dangerous than putting soap on your face.

Yeah SUlfur is not dangerous. Sulfur is best for imflamation. Yes it does irritate or can cause dryness. When you use the mask, don't try to put it all in your face. I usually put my sulfur mask on spots. Spots I feel breaking out or just a pimple. It does wonders! eusa_clap.gif

that queen haleen mask is not drying at all, i dont think there's enough sulfur in it for that, i leave the shit on all day and it has never dried me out.

that queen haleen mask is not drying at all, i dont think there's enough sulfur in it for that, i leave the shit on all day and it has never dried me out.

I guess it depends on the person, but sulfur seems extreemly tolerable for my skin. I can't get enough of it. I take that spot treatment stuff and spread it all over my whole face before bed. In the morning, all is fine after I wash it off and there is no irritation at all like BP. It also won't bleach your sheets. The only thing about straight sulfur (not the mask, though) is that it can be hard to wash off... temporarily stains, but you can get it off with a good toner or astringent. But, it won't stain your sheets because it dries so fast on your skin that it really doesn't rub off onto your pillow. But, I kinda like the "tanned" stain it leaves behind cuz it helps coverup the redness from old acne, which is a good not-so-noticable coverup for guys.

Sulfur is one of the best kept secrets for acne treatment and has been used for 1000's of years.

If anyone knows any dangers of sulfur, please speak up.