Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, I was thinking people have reported success with a wide range of products that do different things. I was wondering maybe some people could elaborate more on some of these solutions and how effective they are. I'm personally thinking of combining 3 or more.

1. Green Tea - A lot of people report clearing of their skin after 4-6 cups a day. Its no wonder since it has antioxidants.

2. Tree Tea Oil/Manuka Oil - Topical Herbs to apply to acne spots. They have antibacterial properties that are effective.

3. B5 Vitamins - Help metabolize fatty oils making your skin not as oily.

4. AHA or other chemical peeling products - Helps exfoliate deeply.

5. Eating Healthy - I guess eatting apples and oranges?

6. Detoxifying your Liver - I think I read you can take a tablespoon of Lemon Juice to aid in this.

7. Red and Blue Light Therapy - I read this a while ago, some people reported success using a combination of these two lights. You shine the light on your face for 15 minutes a day and its supposed to help.

8. Microdermabrasion/Deep Scrubs - Another excellent exfoliating treatment.

9. Benzoly Peroxide Soap Bars - These can help clear up your back/chest acne.

10. Moisturizers/Sun Screen - Keeping your skin healthy biggrin.gif

Thats about all I can think of. Can anyone elaborate on the effective or procedure for eating health, cleaning up your liver, and the light therapy? I'm curious about starting those.

A lot of these wood be good. Just make sure you don't put too much stuff on your face. As it's been said before, if half the people here didn't throw so much stuff on their face, they'd probably be clear by now (although this is pretty generalized, but they'd be more clear.) Anyway, as for your ideas...

1 - A good idea, flushes all the shit outa your body. You should do this even if you don't have acne.

2 - If it helps then do it. I never tried TTO so I dunno.

3 - If you do 10g of B5, make sure your getting other B vitamins in significant quantities as well. I didn't have success with lower amounts of B5, but I couldn't afford to be taking 20 pills a day.

4 - I keep hearing good things about AHA, just make sure you wear SPF!

5 - Of course, a good idea.

6 - Never tried this. Do you mean the "eat-only-apples-for-three-days" process? I don't know if I'd even try this, but it probably would help.

7 - Hmm never heard of this before...

8 - Scrubs never helped me, and I never really heard anyone having great success with scrubs. I think it's because that, it irritates your skin more than cleaning it.

9 - Haha, didn't know BP came in bars. Something to try I guess.

10 - Also a good idea and should be aknowledged by anyone, acne or not.

Heh, I was bored don't blame me eusa_angel.gif

On the tea tree oil -- I've found it can be really drying. I've started to use lavender oil occasionally for spot application, which has many of the same properties but doesn't seem to treat my skin as harshly.

On the tea tree oil -- I've found it can be really drying.  I've started to use lavender oil occasionally for spot application, which has many of the same properties but doesn't seem to treat my skin as harshly.