Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you know of a mask that works well to suck up nasty oil without making my skin burn please let me know. Right now, I make my own mask using egg whites, honey, yogurt. It works rather well, but it takes a long time to dry so I'm looking for an alternative. Suggestions are appreciated. :D

Try just regular natural clay and a little bit of water , it is very good and gentle , u will not have any reactions to this mask.

I have the same problem as you - masks seem to irritate my sensitive yet oily skin. My naturopath suggested using bentonite clay (really cheap at health food stores, NOW makes the powder and others too) but it was hard to mix with the water. I read and the doc suggested using honey to draw out the bacteria, and I did and it really works! Now you could add the bentonite clay to the honey, but I found the honey by itself worked great! Use a thin bit and leave on 10 minutes, then gently wash off. Nice to do in shower if possible.

Hope that helps,

Karen

I tried the aztec secret indian healing clay which I found at a natural food store. I used it with the vinegar, and my skin tightened so much that I could feel my muscles twitch. It was really weird. It also left my face red, but the instructions say that this is normal for about 30 minutes or so. Anyways, I'm not giving up on it yet, I'm going to try it again next week with water and see if it feels any different and I'll post my results then. Thanks for all of your suggestions. :wink:

I tried the aztec secret indian healing clay which I found at a natural food store. I used it with the vinegar, and my skin tightened so much that I could feel my muscles twitch. It was really weird. It also left my face red, but the instructions say that this is normal for about 30 minutes or so. Anyways, I'm not giving up on it yet, I'm going to try it again next week with water and see if it feels any different and I'll post my results then. Thanks for all of your suggestions. :wink:

I use the Blue Corn 3-in-1 deep cleansing scrub mask from Bodyshop like twice a week and it works wonders for my skin. Gets rid of the excess oil and impurities quickly and effectively.

Some people have used milk of magnesia (sp?) with some success. Just make sure you get the "unflavored" kind. You'll find it in the medicine section probably next to pepto bismo or other antacids.

-Snake

It's funny that you meantion that because I've used it before, but it doesn't have a good consistency. It's too thin and it's like your skin sucks it in because it doesn't seem to rinse off much.