Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey all..i tried making a baking soda mask lats night and I have to say it was super cool! I mixed a teaspoon of Baking soda with water to fomr a paste and then put it all over my face..left it one for about 15 minutes and then used hot water and a washcloth to gently rub off..my skin felt amazing and i dunno if this is coicicidental BUT i had 2 zits on my face and this morning they are barely visible..hmm wonder how that works??

its crazy good! i did it again today and wow..my skin feel baby butt soft and the zits are dried up and have already peeled off! as for all the red marks I have been complaining about..well..after 2 baking soda masks..most red marks peeled off! I have no idea HOW it works..but it does! yay!

PS: make sure to moisturise well afterwards

I see it talked about on this board a few times and have never tried it, but I am skeptical. I read that the pH balance of the skin should be slightly acidic and baking soda is basic, or alkaline, so that would decrease the acidity of the skin, which shouldn't be good.

I suspect the benefit people enjoy comes from the basic drying action which you can get from most bennotite clay masks... which, btw, I have no idea what the pH is of benotite! wink.gif So, I guess as long as you follow up the mask with something acidic like apple cidar vinegar or salicylic acid, you're ok.

I use the baking soda scrub, regularly..

As soon as I've used BS, I use diluted apple cider vinegar, to re-balance my skin.

I don't find it at all drying.. but I don't leave it on as a mask.. just a scrub

yeah i do a baking soda scrub and then leave it on for like ten minutes while i do other stuff. then i use vinegar as a toner, like dee said to balance the pH... i wonder how opposite the two substances actually are.

yeah i do a baking soda scrub and then leave it on for like ten minutes while i do other stuff. then i use vinegar as a toner, like dee said to balance the pH... i wonder how opposite the two substances actually are.

well..my cleanser has a bit of SA in it so I guess that balances the basic Baking Soda...I've used it as a scrub before and loved it..but leaving it on for a while had made a big difference in my skin tone...I looked up baking soda and acne on google and strangely enough..most sites recomend you leave it on a zit for a couple of minutes before rinsing it off...

I've used clay masks before and they are usually too drying or break me out..this does neither and makes my skin feel amazing..so i'm hooked!