Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaddenStyles

does acne take 2 weeks to form?

So i heard that the Acne that is visible on your face actually formed 2 weeks prior...is that true? Cause I recently stopped using the regimen about 2 weeks ago cause i thought i didn't really need it and i wanted to simplify things and now they're poppin back up like wh0a. dammit...so the stage is not over.

i heard that some acne forms 6 weeks before it appears!!! :o thats why many products for acne say allow 6 week/s1 to two months to work

Yup my derm told me between 2-6 weeks! Thats so crazy. Thats why they tell you to stick with a new product/regimen at least a month to make sure it actually works. IM glad i knew that, because i would have quit the regimen after 3 wks when i broke out bad... but i stuck with it and am clear now (my 6th week) I always thought zits were started like the day before they appear. Science is crazy!

2 Weeks is true. There is no such thing as eating today and breaking out tomorrow for that particular food. Good Post here. eusa_clap.gif

man that sucks. i dunno, i still find it very hard to believe...but that sucks....i thought i could totally stop doing the whole 15min face prep every morning. oh well.

2 Weeks is true. There is no such thing as eating today and breaking out tomorrow for that particular food. Good Post here. eusa_clap.gif

I'm not so sure I believe it myself.

I mean, assuming something like bacteria/dead skin cloggage is causing breakouts, you'd think if your constantly using something to fight these things it would pretty much get rid of it long before it ever got to the point of visibly forming. (assuming it takes several weeks to form) I know personally I've had very stressful days ect and broken out a day or two afterwards, not weeks.

I find that switching up medications often causes initial irritation or breakouts, which is why I'll often break out the first few days or week of a medication which ends up working well, but I've never attributed that to old acne finally "sprouting" myself.

Ive scratched an itch and had a spot in the exact same place the next day, many many times before.

coincidence? i think not...

Maybe the bigger cysts develop a couple of weeks prior, but some zits can pop up pretty quick after you do something wrong.

There isn't? So it is just my imagination? Say if I ate 4 snickers bars today, I would guarantee you that I would break out tomorrow.

May be you are the first human being to ever get that. You should be on the news by now, eating snickerbars recording ur self as you sleep and you breaking out. This would be the first time ever to actually prove that food has something to do with acne. eusa_dance.gif  eusa_clap.gif

May be you are the first human being to ever get that. You should be on the news by now, eating snickerbars recording ur self as you sleep and you breaking out. This would be the first time ever to actually prove that food has something to do with acne. eusa_dance.gif  eusa_clap.gif

Not all acne takes 2 weeks to form, but it is true that a lot does. I'd guess mostly cysts, which form deep inside you, not so much whiteheads and blackheads. But again I'd say it's not an exact thing.

Noob don't talk and learn how to spell. You joined here yesterday and you think your some big shot with all the knowledge and cures?

You're just another noob that runs their mouth. Listen to all the vets here, not just me, diet has everything to do with acne.

Run your mouth some more. People like you are the reason Brandon and many other people have left these boards.

HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You had nothing to say about what I said right. Why don't you record your self though and show the world that acne is really affected by food. You'll be all over the news. eusa_dance.gif  As for the Noob word I'm sure you were the same. I made up this user name because I did not want to use my other, I've been on this site before. Good Luck with the snicker bars. biggrin.gif

nah pika he didnt just change his sn just for fun...he got banned so he had to get a new one. but yah he did have alotta ppl that aint like him. likes to enforce his policies kinda thing like a know it all.

Diet affects all acne, you must be a derm or some shit that just wants people to suffer with acne so you can write up all those prescriptions? All the people here cleared by acne are lieing then? Im lieing, SweetJade is lieing, half the people on these boards must be lieing.

I was the same, but I didn't run my mouth because derms tell you that acne is not affected by diet. Wtf do they know? Most of the time they didn't even have acne. My friends derm had the best skin shes ever seen she told me.

You might of been on this site before, but why would you change your user name and lose all the people that you knew and all the people that looked upto you for knowledge? Probably because you ran your mouth and thought you knew stuff and then people thought you were a big dumbass.

Diet affects all acne, you must be a derm or some shit that just wants people to suffer with acne so you can write up all those prescriptions? All the people here cleared by acne are lieing then? Im lieing, SweetJade is lieing, half the people on these boards must be lieing.

I was the same, but I didn't run my mouth because derms tell you that acne is not affected by diet. Wtf do they know? Most of the time they didn't even have acne. My friends derm had the best skin shes ever seen she told me.

You might of been on this site before, but why would you change your user name and lose all the people that you knew and all the people that looked upto you for knowledge? Probably because you ran your mouth and thought you knew stuff and then people thought you were a big dumbass.

Hello just fyi from the "professionals" a pimple takes 90 days to form under your skin and then comes up bc it can't breathe under the surface. some info for ya www.zerozits.com I found it very helpful. red evil.gif Good Luck

it probably is true...the life cycle of a pimple (formation of microcomedone, etc, etc.).

i broke out in December - so that means my pimples started to form back in September - and that was the time I changed my work schedule to night shift. Hmmm. eusa_think.gif