Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red_Butterfly

Tonight I feel like I want to give up...

I'm so tired. Tired of putting all these topicals and not seeing any improvement. It seems to get worse every day. I used to have pimples only on my chin and jawline and nose, and now they have migrated to my cheeks and my forehead. The only clear spot I have are my temples and the skin around my eyes.

I am the first to admit that I'm putting too many stuff on my face. That's true. I just started my own regimen last month. SA and TTO, mostly. I'm breaking out from SA, but I don't want to stop because until tonight I was thinking it's just my skin purging out impurities from underneath. I've been on this regimen for a month. I want to give it a month more. The improvement I see is that my pimples "die" a lot faster. But for every one pimple that dies, 6 pimples come to the surface. My face is covered up with dark scars.

I've tried every nonprescription topical there is: BP, AHA, BHA, organic products like TTO. I have gadgets like Oxy Light and the thing that suctions out whitehead seeds. Nothing seems to be able to stop the breakout!

I have a derm appointment on March 7. It took me so long to get this appointment (Do we have a shortage of Dermatologists? I'll study to be one, damnit. I'll be the official Acne.org doctor). But I cannot stop my treatment and wait for her to give me some bullshit like antibiotics and another set of topicals. Believe me, I have done the "Do Nothing About My Acne" regime last year and I'm paying for it now. I've done it all. I want Accutane.

Doing something about my acne is therapeutic for me. But tonight, as I notice new breakouts and observe my scars I just want to cry and cry. I've been dealing with this for more than 12 years - I should be used to the disappointment and pain. But tonight - I feel like I'm only half-alive, and exists only to find cure for my acne.

don't give up. all those drugs and things are only part of the way to success. the key to success is having confidence in yourself. tell yourself that you're brilliant, confident, and beautiful. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

i know how you feel. i tried everything except accutane and I am paying for it. Fuck, do what you can to get it.

Scars will haunt you forever, get accutane

A cure for acne doesn't exist, we can only lessen its effects.

Guest Keeley

My best advice would be to keep at it! some medication takes time for it to take its effect! eusa_angel.gif I know that you probably heard this a million times, but dont let acne get you down! It aint worth it! smile.gif

also, as for:

in the net? don't ever buy it in places like amazon nor ebay.

thanks guys....it must be the Valentine's that's getting to me...and the fact that feb.13 is my ex's birthday....we planned to spend both nights together. *sigh*

i'll be calling him today. i'm kinda scared coz i know he'll try his very best to persuade me to be with him, and i just can't do it.

yup, i'll but accutane off the net before they ban it. low-dosage for me. And even though my derm prescribes it to me, I'll still buy some offline. i'm just scared that it won't be available anymore by the time i need it.

it's hard not to despair, but i'll try.

thanks again guys.

This sucks, I advice you to look around in your area and find a beautician who can give you an acne treatment every 2 weeks (until you go on Accutane, then you should not have any skin treatments), such a treatment will do more good than many useless topicals together. Your face will look shit 1 day after the treatment, but it will look better the days/weeks after that. Good luck.

You sound like you know what you want - Accutane. Go into the derm and make it clear you have tried everything with no improvement and that it is accutane you need. And DO NOT BUY IT OFF THE NET - accutane is a powerful drug that requires medical supervision. If this derm won't give it to you, go to another (but do make sure it's what YOU WANT before you take it - it can cause very potent side effects).

I quit putting shit all over my face, except vinegar. I wash my face with dial soap, or something like that. It dries it up very quick. of course, this is post accutane, so it's not like I break out too much, and my skin is dry anyway..all the time. Anyway...Don't give up, don't give in, don't think yourself worthless, don't sink into a state of total despair. You'll get through this someday, and that's what you want to look forward to biggrin.gif