Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kenji

Ahh! Take warning!

I started this regimin a week ago. I started with just a small amount of bp(2.5%). I would wash my face with clearasil daily face wash, wait until my face dried, then apply a small amount of bp to about 80% of my face. The first 3 days, I noticed a little drying, and just a little burning, but the thing that go me the most was the itching. I didn`t really notice the itching throughout the day, only when I would take a shower and wash my face.

But these past few days have been horrible. I didn`t get any sleep last night because my face itched so bad. Luckily I don`t have an electric sander in the house, or else I would have taken it to my face to releave the itch. When I woke up this morning, the skin on my face felt like cow hide. It is extremely tight, and extremely dry, and now red. But its not a bright red, it looks like I have a tan, and my skin is still a little sun burned.

The thing is though, I`ve applied bp to basically my entire face twice, daily, for the past 7 days, and the only place where is itches and is red, is on the lower sides of my face, my entire chin, and a little on my upper lip. Which just happens to be the place where I shave.

I`m stopping the regimen untill I recieve the moistureizer I ordered in the mail. I can deal with the redness until my face adjusts. But I can`t stand the dryness. and I`m betting that the itching is coming from the dryness.

my face feels tight. and i have some skin flaking. it use to burn when i was using the 10%. now that i have been using the 2.5% it doesnt burn.

Gaaah! I wanna rip my face off!!! Wahhh! Make the pain go away!!

But hey, my skin is completely clear :D

Ok, day two of hell.

I didn`t sleep last night either, the burning and itching were just too much. Tonight, I`m gonna take 4 tylenol PMs before I go to bed. That might help.

I`ve realized that I`m not allergic to BP. I know this because I puposely applied less bp to my forhead, and as a result, that area has not been burned. And the area that I applied the most BP to, just happened to be burned the worst. So, its not a rash that I have to blame for my discomfort, rather a first degree chemical burn.

Im using Johnson`s Baby lotion to ease the pain and stop the pealing. I`ve been using a lot of it for 2 days not and have had no harmful affects from it. Is this ok to be using?

Also, does anyone know how I might possibly speed up the healing process?

keep it up...no pain no gain...I think...but if it gets real bad goto a derm..

when I first started even the moisturizer burned me ....but now I'm fine....

geez no wonder your face is burning..your not using moisturizer!! you have to moisturize everyday or your face is gonna continue getting irritated...good luck

I should be getting the moisturizer in the mail tonight.

I don`t think I`m allergic to it, I think I just have very sensitive skin. Like if I scratch anywhere on my stomache or chest, just a light scrach, it turns bright red like 30 seconds later.

Oh well. I stopped using it 2 days ago, and I wont start again until I`m completely healed. I really want to use it though, it completely cleared my acne in just 5 days!

Kenji...

I reckon you're having problems because you are breaking all the rules buddy!

- start out with BP - really slowly (pea size) and build up over a few weeks as the redness decreases...keep it away from your eye area too.

- You absolutely have to use a moisturiser - glad you are getting this organised

- don't use bp with any other medicated product ie: if your clearasil wash has salicyclic acid, triclosan, bp or any other active ingredient DONT use it in conjunction with BP! Get a gentle cleanser - ie: cetaphil

- do the regimen twice a day and leave your skin alone the rest of the time

If you follow the above and your itchiness persists you probably are allergic and should change to something else. Defintely reread Dan's instructions about the regimen.

(Dan - you gotta start paying me for this :wink: )

Well. its day 4, and most of the burning and itching AND discoloration has gone away. My skin is still dry as hell, but I can live with that.

Yeah, I just checked my cleanser, Clearasil Daily FaceWash, Active ingredient: triclosan!!! Oops. Guess I`ll stop using that.

Still havn`t gotten the moisturizer, but that should be coming any day, along with the cetaphil gentle cleanser.

Thanks for your help everyone.