Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blondegirl21

If Im 115lbs & 5'7 whats the most effective

I found this-

It should also be noted that some studies have associated remission of the condition with the total dose taken. It is generally advisable to take a dose of greater than 125mg/kg over the entire treatment period to see maximum benefit.

It depends on how many months you'll be on Accutane for. If it's 5 months you should probably be taking 40mg per day.

It will work because the dose is cumulative. By the end of your treatment, you should have ingested 120 mg for every kilogram of your body. For instance, I weigh 123 which is about 56 kilograms so by the end of my treatment, I will need to have taken 6720 mg of Accutane. Because my body is so sensitive to Accutane, I’ve been on twenty milligrams for months and only recently increased the dose to forty milligrams. This means that I will be on the drug longer than most people but, by the end of my treatment, it should be just as effective as someone who is on a higher dose.

I'm 5'10'' and weight 155 lbs. and I'm only on 20 mg. Does that mean she's being cautious or she doesn't think my acne is bad (because I think it is, but others have said it isn't that bad...).

I'm 5'10'' and weight 155 lbs. and I'm only on 20 mg.  Does that mean she's being cautious or she doesn't think my acne is bad (because I think it is, but others have said it isn't that bad...).

Sometimes derms start you off lower to avoid bad side effects/initial breakout etc.  I started off at 40mg and had the worst initial breakout so my derm reduced me to 20mg for 2 months.  Now I'm finally up to 40mg again and I'm doing great.  Maybe your derm will up your dose later in your treatment or keep you on for longer.  What did your derm tell you?  If you give me this info I can help you better.